Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Similar nymphs?

(6 posts)
  1. mywholebodyfeelsitchy

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Jul 14 2008 22:24:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I found some nymphs that I thought were bed bug nymphs (and that the PCO "confirmed" were nymphs). Now, I've found what I think are adults of the same bugs, and they don't really look like the bed bugs on this site. They don't seem to have the clearly defined head that bed bugs seem to have. I looked at the nymphs under a microscope, and they looked like bed bug nymphs.

I did get bitten a few times. Once (I think) before going on vacation, and then the first night after I got back. That first night (three weeks ago), I started sleeping on the couch downstairs and haven't had any more bites (although I've itched plenty!! I think it's in my head!). I know I probably shouldn't sleep somewhere else, but I want to sleep!

After the PCO saw the bugs, the landlord said he'd pay for the treatment. That's great, even if they're not bed bugs. I'm moving soon, though (I had planned it for months), and I'd like to know how paranoid I should be.

So, is there another insect that has a nymph that looks a lot like a bed bug?

2. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Jul 15 2008 15:06:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The best thing you can do is try and get a good high resolution picture or alternatively send the samples off to an entomologist for identification.

Identifying nymph samples is hard enough for an experienced pest controller you are better off getting help rather than trying to work it out on your own.

David

3. mywholebodyfeelsitchy

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Jul 15 2008 15:08:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I read the post from July 4 on the main site about booklice, and I'm pretty sure that's what it is. I'm trying to get some independent confirmation. My mind has been so psychologically drained over the past few weeks, it would be great to learn that I don't actually have bed bugs!

4. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Jul 15 2008 15:31:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah it can be a big relief, now you just need to work out what the issues is and how to deal with it.

I hate to say it but relaxing is often step 1.

David

5. mywholebodyfeelsitchy

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2008 9:36:17
    #

Login to Send PM

6. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2008 10:26:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not an entomologist but I am pretty positive your images are of book lice and if they are they would not be biting you. Can you be allergic to book lice, I do not know.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,442 posts in 46,577 topics over 142 months by 20,543 of 21,407 members. Latest: karthikc, Chick, Jay11690