Signs or Paranoia?!

(2 posts)
  1. lifesuckers

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Oct 12 2014 4:47:47
    #

Login to Send PM

It's 5 am and I've been sitting on my bed staring at my sheets all night. This has been going on for practically TWO months now!
    I just can't tell. I'm not in the fiscal market for an inspection and my landlord is really just a slum lord, so... I need help!

The signs pointing north:

-My sister told me that her friend found out she had a bed bug infestation and I slept on my sister's futon within a week after her friend did.
    -Bites. bites bites bites bites. 6 within the first month (but never could tell when in the day/night I got them), three in a large triangle on my knee, three in a large triangle on my other leg on the calf. three a week ago on the calf (that looked very fresh while I was out and about), then 10 last night! two on the back of one knee, two on the other knee, three on my wrist, one on my finger, and two on my jaw.
    - A couple teeny blood stains
    -Specks... This is where I'm losing my mind. I eat in bed a lot, I do my make up in bed (which includes sharpening an eyeliner pencil), and I trail dirt and crumbs from walking on the floor. But I've looked through tons of photos on this site and the eggs are TINY. I have seen tiny white-ish dots on my bed that look like they could be eggs, but they also kind of look like sugar (and I like sweets... that I probably eat in bed).

What's got me questioning my sanity:

- I've never seen a bug, dead or alive.
    - I heard a mosquito buzzing in my ear the night before I woke up with the 10 bites (but would a mosquito bite that much?! I wasn't wearing covers, so accessibility wouldn't be a problem)
    - I looked all over my mattress and box spring with no sign of bugs or fecal stains and I've encased my box spring and mattress just in case and the 10 bites happened after the fact.
    - Went to Lou Sorkin with some of the suspicious specks and he cleared them all.

I pretty much feel like an expert on bed bugs and mosquitoes now. I've not stopped researching facts and anecdotes. I guess mosquitoes CAN bite bed bug style (triangles) and can drink a ton, so it's POSSIBLE, but so is anything really, when it comes to bites.

I can't sleep, I can't go to anyone's apartment or have anyone over, and I can't sit on the subway benches. Advice, please?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Oct 12 2014 23:29:07
    #

Login to Send PM

-Bites. bites bites bites bites. 6 within the first month (but never could tell when in the day/night I got them), three in a large triangle on my knee, three in a large triangle on my other leg on the calf. three a week ago on the calf (that looked very fresh while I was out and about), then 10 last night! two on the back of one knee, two on the other knee, three on my wrist, one on my finger, and two on my jaw.

Just out of curiosity, can you be more specific on the timeline for each of these skin reactions?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs