Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Signs of bed bugs for more than 6 mo?

(3 posts)
  1. HelpBB

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Nov 23 2018 18:31:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Would there be obvious signs of bed bugs if a person had them longer than 6 mo? I am worried that my parents have bed bugs and that this is where we may have got them? My dad has bites on him and my mom complains of a rash all the time. I told them to check for bed bugs but my mom just laughs and says "Oh we don't you silly girl" .She then says that they are just flea bites and or dry skin. In the summer they bought a new bed and said that if they had them they got rid of them b/c they have a new bed and they keep their house so clean that they would know. Would they? I am curious with no treatment if they did have a problem would they be seeing them on the walls by now? They refuse to check the box spring of there bed. I was in their truck today and my mom brought a blanket form their bed and a pillow. I did not see anything on them but just a few min ago 6 bites showed up on my left arm that was next to the pillow and blanket. Freaking the F out!!! Plus she refused to leave the Cristmas gifts at my house for my family. She said that they are going to their house and will plan on bringing them back all wrapped up or we will open them up at her house. I told her I would wrap them and for god sake please let me keep them at my house!!!! She said no!
    I did not see anything crawling on the furniture or the walls when I was there the other day. So I am praying that they do not have them. How obvious would the signs be to them if they are not actively looking for them and for someone like me just visiting?

2. Iwantmylifeback

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Nov 23 2018 20:17:10
    #

Login to Send PM

UNFORTUNATELY Definitely they have them..sorry to say it ..I think I even had them longer(no obvious
    sing) discover them only in the beginning of July ..still fighting them ...horrible ....and Iam so depressed it is soo hard to get rid of them ..Iam trying to be careful but now Iam afraid I have brought them to my friends house .Iam mortified..Being in their house and got bitten 4 times already .Tiny little red spots on my leg .
    Dont let your Mom bring those gifts .. this is just crazy ..You cant see them but they are out there .You need to call the exterminator to your parents house and put the encasement on matress and spring box and treat the sofas.Good luck.

3. SalsaVince

Posted 9 months ago
    Sat Nov 24 2018 9:01:16
    #

Login to Send PM

After 6 months, there would be a significant population. After about 3 months, the number would begin to increase exponentially and those thousands of bugs need to eat so you would notice. It's not impossible that they have them but if you read the experiences here, you'll see that out of the many people who think they have bed bugs and bites, very few actually do after being inspected professionally. Be observant for signs but don't reject gifts from your family out of fear of bed bugs. Eventually, it will become clear what you're dealing with and even if it's bed bugs, they are beatable.

The previous poster's situation seems to be unique and hopefully they can resolve their issue with time.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,607 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956