Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Should you wash protectabed covers before placing them on your mattress?

(5 posts)
  1. elizal

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Mar 7 2010 15:28:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes? No?

2. greenapplepest

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Mar 7 2010 17:23:35
    #

Login to Send PM

elizal - 1 hour ago  » 
    Yes? No?

Once you purchase them they go straight on the mattress. DO NOT wash them before as you may risk tearing them or damaging the zipper rendering them useless.

Mike S

Green Apple Pest Management Solutions Inc.

3. upagain

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Mar 7 2010 18:31:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I have washed them before putting them on. I've read in the instructions that you should wash them as washing makes them slightly softer and easier to put on. PAB does state they are washable. There was another thread on this a while back.

4. CountryMouse

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Sep 8 2010 14:18:50
    #

Login to Send PM

greenapplepest - 6 months ago  » 

elizal - 1 hour ago  » 
    Yes? No?

Once you purchase them they go straight on the mattress. DO NOT wash them before as you may risk tearing them or damaging the zipper rendering them useless.
    Mike S
    Green Apple Pest Management Solutions Inc.

Oh! I hadn't thought of the damage that could happen inside a washing machine! I was going to wash and line dry the pillow protectors only, not the mattress encasements.

Thanks!

CountryMouse

5. controlfreak

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Sep 8 2010 14:38:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I bought a protect-a-bed one and wanted to wash it before putting it on my mattress. You know just to make sure it was clean etc... When I buy pants, I wash them before wearing them. So I thought it is the same logic. I am 4.9 so I need my husband's help to move the mattress and put the damn thing on and he thought it was not necessary to wash and i lost the argument and ended up putting the cover without washing. I did have some freak outs about "what if it was used and send back" and then got over it. Then I found out that the company suggests washing due to presence of some left over starch or something. Well it is too late for me but I guess based on which brand you have, you should check their suggestions.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,690 posts in 49,530 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982