Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Should we move?

(2 posts)
  1. bugged-cdn

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 2 2016 12:39:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I just don’t know what to do or where to turn anymore. I can't even speak about it without bursting into tears.

Two years ago, we were ordered to undergo treatment without so much as an inspection. I was getting bitten badly but didn’t know by what, and we had no idea there were even bedbugs in the building. We later found out it had been going on for 6-12 months.

The PCO who did the first treatment didn’t see any signs of bedbugs and was not going to suggest a 2nd treatment until I told him about my bites. He said it was possible we had a very early infestation and he missed it, and we had a 2nd treatment. We were OK for two years but we know they were still in the building.

Fast forward to 2016 and we are suddenly informed we need to undergo a “preventative” treatment. The landlord has by then switched PCOs.

So this preventative takes place. A couple of weeks later, I find a live one. An inspection is scheduled. Inspection is VERY perfunctory and we’re told we A-OK.

A week later I find another live bedbug in a climbup in the master bedroom. A full treatment is ordered. The PCO who had done the inspection comes back and sprays the hell out of our apartment with “Dragnet”. For a 3-bedroom apartment, living and dining rooms, kitchen & 2 bathrooms, he spent 20 minutes max.

Six hours later, there are puddles on the floor, entire walls are smeared where he was spraying furniture and the odor is making me gag.

Does the above sound like the landlord will ever get things under control?

We desperately want to move but how? What’s the point if we bring them with us?!

2. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 2 2016 17:21:43
    #

Login to Send PM

If there is liquid, don't touch it. Open the windows and leave if you can, or if you can't leave the window open I personally turn on the central air a bit low to help dry it out. I wouldn't be in the apartment with any kind of wetness is still there.

I'm not a professional mind you, but that is pretty across the board mandatory for things like that.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,693 posts in 50,017 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur