Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Should I use the Bed Bug Beacon or Active Alert monitor to test my car?

(6 posts)
  1. Eric_S

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 26 2010 16:15:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Which one would be better to test the inside of my car, and the trunk?

2. so unsettling

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 26 2010 17:15:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know what the climate in your area is like. But I think the beacon requires a sustained temperature of at least 70 degrees for the CO2 to work. It has become cold enough at night where I live, for the beacon to be a practical option for me in the car.

3. Bluemoon71

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Dec 3 2010 17:34:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Has anyone had any luck with using either of these in the car? Sounds like the active monitor may need at least 2 wks to show a small infestation. Would having a bed bug dog go through the car be better/cheaper? Just to clarify, temps need to be at least 70 degrees for the beacon to operate? Any temp requirements on the active monitor?

4. SearchandDestroy

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Dec 3 2010 17:42:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I tried the dog in the car and it didn't work. There are just too many places to sniff out and the handler was skeptical that it would work. It didn't.

When I had a bb in my car...it came out within 20 minutes to bite me and that was at about 10:00 am. If you just sit in your car for while, you'll know.

5. toledo

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Dec 3 2010 19:32:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Ha-ha! I tried the dog in the car, too, and had the same response from the dog and the handler. They need to train these dogs to do cars. This dog was a lab, so he was pretty big to be moving around the car.

6. victimized

new username: help_me

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Jan 23 2011 2:22:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Bought an active monitor with heat and want to try it out in our car. Unfortunately we seem to have missed our window of time for letting the car just sit for days on end and will be using it atleast once a day now cept for maybe weekends.

I want to test the car and would like to know if temp has any impact on its effectiveness, location, or duration? My thought is that in using the car daily there may be bugs present that are fed enough to not care about the monitor after we get out.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,318 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto