Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Should I use active monitor in that case?

(2 posts)
  1. PleaseSaveMe

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Aug 26 2017 0:45:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I came back from a trip 10 days ago, I shared a bed with my friend during the trip, and she had some little red pumps on her limbs, but we thought they were just some allergy instead of bug bite because I had no reaction at all. 4 days ago, red pumps started to appear all over my limbs, there are more than 55 bites as far as I know now. I went to a dermatologist, he said it's very likely to be bed bug bite because of the pattern is typical bed bug bite patterns.

I didn't know anything about bed bug until I found the bites on my body, so I simply just left my suitcase open on floor since I'm home, and even wore some clothes that I didn't wear on the trip from the suitcase. And now since I know I stayed in a hotel with bed bug, I immiedaitely seal my suitcase with plastic bags, but I'm afriad it's too late if I have brought any bed bug home.
    Now I have dried all my clothes and bed linen, and try to look for any signs of bed bug, which I haven't found yet, but my mattress is kind of diffcult to look to signs because the color is black...

My family is on a vacation so there was no one but me in the apartment, but they are coming back tomorrow, and I'm afrad that bed bug (if any) will spread to another room once they're back

Now I'm looking for monitor of bed bugs, I wonder how effective it is if I put a DIY CO2 active monitor in an unoccupied room (my room)while there is a room right next to it and sleeping with two adults? And will it still be useful to put passive monitor in that case?

Thank you so much in advance!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 29 2017 9:08:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

So you went to your dermatologist who confirmed their understanding of the subject was out of date.

Could you please contribute to their education with the link below:

http://siteassets.pagecloud.com/bedbugs/downloads/BMJ_Jan_2013-ID-a99fb9f5-cfd9-4ce1-86a7-d6a6eeaff7c2.pdf

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,308 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo