Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Should I trust this PCO?

(4 posts)
  1. JimmyChanga

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Jan 5 2009 9:13:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I called one PCO company this morning and asked them a bunch of questions. They claim to have a lot of experience, and that their technicians are trained in dealing with bedbugs. They say they will treat at least twice. More if necessary (but he did say that it probably won't be necessary). They don't offer a guarantee, but will come back if something comes up again. When asked what chemicals they used, he said Pyrethra (sp?) He said it was a contact killer that doesn't leave a residual. He didn't mention any other kind of chemical and when I asked about DE, he didn't seem to have heard about it. (this worries me). When I asked if I had to treat my whole house (I live in a 2 BR house) or just my room, he said it depends, but in 99% of cases they stay close to the host, so they are likely just in my bedroom. It will cost around $300-400 per room per treatment.

A few things worry me about his answers. Should I be worried? What other questions should I ask?

2. Crowinator

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Jan 6 2009 22:33:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, I can tell you I paid that much for Terminix to treat my entire house (also 2 bedroom, and 2 floors) three times, each treatment two weeks apart. They should use some type of residual because you just can't get all of the bugs with a contact killer. My PCO/s hadn't heard of DE either, or Sprayway Good Night -- sometimes they just don't seem to know the over-the-counter type of pest control stuff.

One place I did call when we started with the bed bug problem said they charged $300 a room, but this was unacceptable to me. I got three treatments of my entire house from Terminix for about that much. Call around to as many places as you can.

3. BakedBedBugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Jan 7 2009 1:43:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Crowinator - 3 hours ago  » 
    Well, I can tell you I paid that much for Terminix to treat my entire house (also 2 bedroom, and 2 floors) three times, each treatment two weeks apart. They should use some type of residual because you just can't get all of the bugs with a contact killer. My PCO/s hadn't heard of DE either, or Sprayway Good Night -- sometimes they just don't seem to know the over-the-counter type of pest control stuff.
    One place I did call when we started with the bed bug problem said they charged $300 a room, but this was unacceptable to me. I got three treatments of my entire house from Terminix for about that much. Call around to as many places as you can.

Good advice, but be careful if you are price shopping. The labour involved in a thorough treatment = a higher price tag sometimes.
    Best of Luck!
    Tony Canevaro

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Jan 7 2009 2:41:18
    #

Login to Send PM

FAQ on choosing a PCO:
    http://bedbugger.com/2006/12/07/faq-advice-on-getting-treatment-to-eliminate-your-bed-bugs/

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,771 posts in 48,891 topics over 151 months by 21,460 of 21,863 members. Latest: SimpleObserver, get_out, Dannie