Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Should I trust this guy? (Exterminator choosing)

(8 posts)
  1. hopelessbedbugger

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jan 22 2018 20:59:19
    #

Login to Send PM

So I talked to one exterminator on the phone because he called in regards to my Thumbtack. I told him my family is not willing to bag any of their belongings and I asked him if this will be a problem. He said I should see if I can get them to agree to bag my things for 72 hours. He said that I only need my stuff bagged for 72 hours and we will all need to leave the house during that time. Does this sound right?

Edit:: Wanted to add, he said he would come for 3 treatments on 3 different days

Edot again: Wanted to add that the reason I ask is because 1.) It sounds sketchy that he says all we need is 72hrs to bag??? And 2.) I've never done or dealt with this before, so I figured other people are more experienced in this stuff...

2. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jan 22 2018 21:46:37
    #

Login to Send PM

To clarify, he wants you to bag your untreated stuff for 72 hours while he treats with chemicals then unbag possibly infested stuff?
    I would look up the PCO online and see if there are reviews.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jan 22 2018 21:46:37
    #

Login to Send PM

To clarify, he wants you to bag your untreated stuff for 72 hours while he treats with chemicals then unbag possibly infested stuff?
    I would look up the PCO online and see if there are reviews.

4. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jan 22 2018 22:10:31
    #

Login to Send PM

And also to clarify, he wants you out of the house for 72 hours? How come?

5. F. Pazos

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jan 22 2018 23:36:04
    #

Login to Send PM

As I said many times, every PCO has a different approach... My suggestion would be to make sure that the one you choose is specialized in bed bugs, and check the guarantee time that he offers. Another point to keep in mind would be that he does an inspection to create the right approach to your case... If all that boxes are checked, then I would think that he knows what he is doing....
    Please remember that we make a living of it, it would really work against us to offer poor service or have a low success rate

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.
  6. hopelessbedbugger

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 0:21:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh no no no, I'm pretty sure he only wants us out during the time of the treatment sessions, not the whole 72 hours lol

7. hopelessbedbugger

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 0:56:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Guys I also want to add that this guy's email is darroy124@yahoo.com isn't that a bit unprofessional and shady?

8. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jan 24 2018 20:22:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I wouldn't pay someone without a company email

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,975 posts in 49,594 topics over 153 months by 21,728 of 22,175 members. Latest: Scaredofbugzzzz, AVersicolor26626, nadialula