Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Should I invest in professional inspection?

(3 posts)
  1. WeltsAbound

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Sep 11 2018 22:58:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello! For the past month, Ibhave been getting red welts on my body and full body itchiness. Some of these welts have looked like spider bites, about the circumference of a dime, but most have been clusters of 4 to 10 red dots on my arms, neck, legs, etc.

I have searched my bed seams, etc. several times without seeing evidence, but tonight noticed white eggs under my couch cushions and the couch itself, where I seem to get bit the most. Not all of them seem bed buggy--some are those hard ricelile eggs debunked on here before. But about 4 are small, translucent white ovals that have me worried. I also have some dark brown spots under my couch cushions, but I'm also prone to eating on the couch and won't assume about these.

My landlord has made it clear that she will only consult an exterminator if I can find an actual bug, but my worry is that by the time bugs themselves are visible, this will be a more difficult fix.

Any thoughts on whether it sounds worthwhile to pay for a PCO inspection on my own, either for peace of mind or to confirm to my landlord that an infestation is present?

Thank you!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Sep 11 2018 23:07:36
    #

Login to Send PM

If you think you have bed bugs, it might be worthwhile to have a professional inspection. If they do find evidence, you can always post a photo here to confirm.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. WeltsAbound

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Wed Sep 12 2018 13:28:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I appreciate that--I will actually go ahead and take a photo of the eggs/black spots tonight and post to get some opinions.

I've settled on the following course of action:
    1.) I will pay for a K9 inspection that I verified includes human visual inspection after alerts
    If Humans Don't See Any...
    2.) I will then seek out a free human inspection from a local PCO to see if the results are the same
    3.) If both/either inspections yield bed bugs, to the landlord!

Thank you for your support through all of this!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

288,536 posts in 48,139 topics over 149 months by 21,209 of 21,563 members. Latest: John0094, Samworriesaboutbedbugs, thebooklouse