Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

should i get a 3rd treatment?? still getting bit??

(5 posts)
  1. i hate buggs

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Aug 11 2011 13:00:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I will make this short and sweet..........!!

july 13..........discovered we had bb in master bedroom and on sofa
    july 14 to 17..........no bites
    july 18.........got sprayed (i am sleeping in sons room bottom bunk never had bb)
    july 18 to the 26th........no bites
    july 27 bites..............covered bed with saran wrap and tape (walmart had no encasements)
    july 28 to the aug 1.............no bites
    aug 2............got sprayed
    aug 3 and 4..........got bites (saran wrap didnt work)
    aug 4...........put encasement (vinyl) over saran wrapped and taped mattress then I saran wrapped and taped over that
    aug 5 to the 9..........no bites
    aug 10 and 11..........bites (not a lot and they are in the same area. 10th, 3 on my left side of my bottom and 11th, 2 on my left top leg) and as soon as I apply oxy pad to them they disappear in less than a hour ???

WHAT IS UP ???? ARE THEY IN THE MATTRESS OR ARE THEY EGGS........PLEASE I AM GOING CRAZY HERE AND I CANT SLEEP AND IF I HAVE TO THROW THIS OUT I WILL BE SITTING AND SLEEPING ON THE HARDWOOD FLOORS.........I am going to put a new encasement on it tonight and I will see what happens in the tomorrow.....Thank you

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Aug 11 2011 16:59:27
    #

Login to Send PM

If you have bed bug in the sofa, those can persist too. Is the PCO treating the sofa? How? What kind of treatments were used on the rest of the place?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. i hate buggs

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Aug 12 2011 8:34:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 15 hours ago  » 
    If you have bed bug in the sofa, those can persist too. Is the PCO treating the sofa? How? What kind of treatments were used on the rest of the place?

Hi Nobugsonme,

They did everything and they only sprayed (dont know with what but it stunk).............Last night I put another casing on the mattress then cover it with a thick trap......I think my cats must of put a hole in the last one because I didnt have any new bites this morning when I woke up. The Landlord will treat as much as possible until the problem is solve.............Thank god we have the law behind us here in Toronto because I feel so sorry so some people who have to shell out so much money. Even though I dont have to pay for the treatment it is still so expensive with the little things and I am tossing my sofa as I was getting bitten but I dusted it then wrapped it in plastic and I am getting rid of my bed and my son's 2 beds.............I think the problem now is stuck in the encasement and I am going to make sure the cats stay off it and hopefully I can get a new bed and throw this one out before the little son's of bees find another way out !!!

Thank you

4. i hate buggs

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 23 2011 10:20:47
    #

Login to Send PM

UPDATE....
    I realized they got into my pillow (pillow in case then another pillow in case then both stuffed into another case) and all i was doing was putting the whole thing in the dryer for a hour DUH..........and for the life of me I dont know why I did that........anyways I threw it in the garbage and bought a new one and I double wrapped my mattress with 2 casings and its been 4 days now and no more bites.............but if i do get another bite i will get sprayed again but hopefully I wont need too. I will keep everything in the garbage bags and the DE down in the cracks and under the bed until I know that they are gone (60 days bite free) !!!

5. i hate buggs

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Aug 26 2011 3:48:58
    #

Login to Send PM

UPDATE..........6 DAYS NO MORE BITES.......It had to be the pillow !!! 54 more days to go until I know for sure that they are gone !!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,692 posts in 50,016 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur