Should I be worried

(6 posts)
  1. Mrgumball

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 16 2018 14:54:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I found one dead looked to be female adult bed bug in a downstairs spare bedroom that no one sleeps in. It was pretty dried up. Should I be worried? We have not experienced any bites or have seen anything in our bedrooms upstairs. I don’t know if I should call in someone to take a look or not. All I can do is itch but I think it’s just so stuck in my mind.

2. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 16 2018 16:50:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Mrgumball - 1 hour ago  » 
    I found one dead looked to be female adult bed bug in a downstairs spare bedroom that no one sleeps in. It was pretty dried up. Should I be worried? We have not experienced any bites or have seen anything in our bedrooms upstairs. I don’t know if I should call in someone to take a look or not. All I can do is itch but I think it’s just so stuck in my mind.

You sure it was a bed bug? If not, post it and have it verified here. Not sure if you've had renters or guests in that room but I'd certainly inspect it carefully.

3. Mrgumball

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 16 2018 18:04:50
    #

Login to Send PM

http://imgur.com/H37P3tp
    Here is a photo! What do you think?

4. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 16 2018 18:30:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Mrgumball - 22 minutes ago  » 
    http://imgur.com/H37P3tp
    Here is a photo! What do you think?

Looks like it, hate to be definitive as I am new myself.

5. Bugsareicky

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 16 2018 19:18:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I'd carefully inspect all of the beds in your home. Check for black spots, casings, or bugs. Remove the covering on box springs and check inside. Check seems and cracks carefully. Not everyone reacts to bites, so you could have them and not have any bites at all. You could call in a professional, but checking yourself will save you a ton of money if someone just tracked a dead one in or something. If you have a problem, you'll see signs of them. In that case I'd call a professional.

6. Mrgumball

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 16 2018 20:26:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you! I did call a professional and they are coming Thursday morning for a free inspection! I have seen no signs and three people are living here and we have all had no bites so let’s just hope I brought in a dud. It really does play with your head though! But the positive side is I got all my rooms cleaned and de-cluttered. The hubby says he’s going to buy dead bed bugs now to throw in a room ever so often so I deep clean more

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,734 posts in 50,026 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,358 members. Latest: weluckyfew201, questioning_bugger, Mikayah