Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Should I be filling the interceptors with anything? DE?

(4 posts)
  1. BedbugSTRESSING ME OUT

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Jun 30 2018 14:03:31
    #

Login to Send PM

I have interceptors placed at the feet of each bed. I filled them up with DE. Should I have done that? Should I empty them? I read on here that I may actually be deterring them from climbing in if there is too much DE? Suggestions? Thanks!

2. hidingbugs

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Jun 30 2018 16:32:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I don”t understand how it deter bed bugs if the bottom of climb ups(?) is filled with de. I’ve been used climb ups two years without results...now I have cimexa put on climb ups, it works much faster than de. But before I used talc there and I didn’t got any bugs.
    I think climb ups itself deter bed bugs more than bed without. But I have dog, so I got troubles with climb ups.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Jun 30 2018 17:36:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I would use such a product as directed— and the directions on ClimbUps don’t tell you to add anything, except to dust with talc from time to time when it wears off.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. bugged-cdn

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Jun 30 2018 19:14:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Agreed. The climb ups are a detection method. The light dusting of talc keeps any trapped bed bugs from escaping. I would use them as directed.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

282,362 posts in 46,986 topics over 143 months by 20,736 of 21,010 members. Latest: Chumchum871, concernedmom, Bedbugs_PTSD