Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Should I be a hermit?

(5 posts)
  1. snowfairy

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 17 2008 13:01:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I've just admitted to myself that I brought something home from my vacation (saw bugs in the hotel room-- some blood-gorged-- woke up with a dozen bites yesterday).

So now I'm cruising the forums and waiting for the bug-guy to get to work, wondering if it's my "social responsibility" to stay home as much as possible and (especially) not have any non-tyvecked visitors in.

And what about checking out library books? If I'm going to be "stuck" I have a few books on reserve that I'd really like to bring home first.

I'm feeling clostrophobic just thinking about

2. Marixpress

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 17 2008 13:06:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I would say yes until you get the infestation under control. You can visit other homes but honestly, it's a pain in the a$$. I wouldn't bother unless it's a relative or a boyfriend/girl friend. You'll have to put every piece on your body into a sealed bag as soon as you get to their house - clothing, shoes, purse, jacket - you get the idea. You'll need a change of clothing that you are sure doesn't have bb's. Even now, 3 months into my battle, I still hold off on visiting other people. I don't want to risk spreading them to people I care about. Whenever I do visit (so far it's only been my boyfriend and mother), I do the superman change as soon as I get there.

3. snowfairy

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 17 2008 13:39:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I didn't just mean other homes-- I really meant the general public places: Church, Library, grocery store.

Technically (and I do mean technically-- I don't welcome any of this but it is possible) I could hole up here for a week-- maybe two.

4. Marixpress

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 17 2008 13:48:25
    #

Login to Send PM

That will only bring you severe depression. Don't do that!

5. Livingagain

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Nov 20 2008 16:34:54
    #

Login to Send PM

You need to make sure anything you wear has been washed hot and over-dried in a hot dryer then stored in Ziplocs (XL orXXL) til worn. You should probably avoid purses or anything that cannot be decontaminated, if you go out. There have been lots of discussions about shoes, look those up. At least you probably don't have to worry about your car if it's so cold out.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19