Shell casing ID? Help!

(2 posts)
  1. mkijh

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Nov 7 2018 23:21:51
    #

Login to Send PM

About a week and a half ago a friend came over and spent the night on the couch. He later offhandedly mentioned that he had seen some bedbugs a couple weeks back, and had to throw away his mattress, take all his stuff to the laundromat, seal his clothes in plastic bags and spread diatomaceous earth everywhere.

He maintained that he hadn't seen any signs of bed bugs in 2 weeks, and that the bags he brought had been through the drier, but this anecdotal evidence is far from proof of anything... and he mentioned I should maybe check the area around where he slept "just to be sure".... Thanks dude...

Anyway - after hearing this I immediately bagged all the couch cushions, put them through the dryer, rebagged, vacuumed the area, went out and bought Cimexa, pulled everything away from the walls, dusted the floor and baseboards, bought a mattress enclosure, and bought some interceptor traps for under the feet of the metal bed frame. Needless to say I've been pretty paranoid all week.

Checking the interceptor traps the day after installing them, I found this shell casing inside one (photo album below):
    https://imgur.com/a/wj0GU2F

I also found this in my lint filter after drying my bedding:
    https://imgur.com/a/OKTdDO1

I'd really appreciate any experts who might be able to weigh in - I haven't seen any other signs like bites or anything, but I've been pretty stressed out lately regardless since I know these things can take a while to manifest.

Thanks!

2. mkijh

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Wed Nov 14 2018 23:14:29
    #

Login to Send PM

bump

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,578 posts in 46,826 topics over 143 months by 20,660 of 21,557 members. Latest: Dread Bugs, gbbedbug, BuggedOUTinOH