(12 posts)
  1. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 9:45:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Just sharing some great news we heard today. As of the 24th January 2017 we now have a granted US patent the number for which is 9,549,542. We add this to our existing portfolio of granted patents from around the world covering the EU, China, New Zealand, Japan to name but a few.

While I could wax lyric in true Oscars style I am going to say thanks. Especially to those I have learned from in terms of entomological knowledge, experience sharing and a truly ethical display of good grace.

Its a milestone on my journey.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  2. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 10:31:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations!

3. Bappida

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 10:56:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations David!

4. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 14:18:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Patent for what?

5. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 14:20:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations. Now, what are the implications for the US of this? For what is the patent?

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 14:46:01
    #

Login to Send PM

The patent is both for the product and method of the product for bed bug detection. In essence it acknowledges the unique aspects of what we have disclosed and awards us legal protection of both the product and the method (how it works).

The only change people will notice is in the patent number on the product but it also gives us a protected standard that we can incorporate into future training projects.

David

7. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 15:33:21
    #

Login to Send PM

So is it for the passive monitor? Is that the product to which you're referring?

8. bbdontbiteme

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 15:45:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations!
    Hope some Polish companies will get interested and soon I could order some passive monitors without overpaying for shipping

9. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 20:51:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  10. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Feb 11 2017 11:22:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi FayeState,

It takes years between filing the idea and getting the patent granted. In our case we faced stiff resistance in the form of numerous "anonymous" objections to the patent which has meant that we had to illustrate our originality and overcome their objections.

In some markets we were opposed while others not, its a commercial practice designed to slow down the process and increase the costs for the inventor. Thankfully in our case we have reached the point where the annual income matches the costs for filing, which reach well beyond a half million USD already.

We are still working on other patents and trademarks, some of which are in the public domain while others are still being processed.

David

11. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Feb 11 2017 14:18:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Good luck with those. Are they for other products?

12. Panicked

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Feb 11 2017 15:03:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Nice one David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,669 posts in 49,314 topics over 152 months by 21,612 of 22,037 members. Latest: Jaded48, ctd2289, N52B30AE