sesame seeds on bed, floor (photos)

(5 posts)
  1. unagiboy

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Thu Dec 13 2018 0:56:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, been reading this blog today and appreciate any help identifying these - came home from 3 months abroad to find hard "sesame seeds" on my sheets and the floor around the bed. Mostly black, but a few lighter color. Zoom in and it looks like some have a mottled pattern.

On closer inspection, perhaps one more on the curtain in a different room and a few along the baseboards in the hall.

Photos link: https://imgur.com/a/vn5YTQk

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 10 months ago
    Thu Dec 13 2018 2:02:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Interesting but not bed bug related.

I would most likely need to see a sample in person and dissect it under the microscope to work out what it is. If you want to send some to the U.K. for analysis let me know.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. keephopealive

Posted 10 months ago
    Thu Dec 13 2018 7:40:26
    #

Login to Send PM

These look a lot like chia seeds; it seems that someone in your house is a healthy eater!

If so, the worst these things can do is increase the amount of antioxidants and healthy omega 3s in your bed

4. BBComandoMom

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Thu Dec 13 2018 11:14:55
    #

Login to Send PM

lol. I was going to say they look like chia seeds. don't spray them with anything lol.

5. BBComandoMom

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Thu Dec 13 2018 11:16:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Actually .... I take that back. If you want to test them to see if they are chia, then put one in a small glass bowl or jar, and drop ONE drop of water on it.

If it gets a gelatinous membrane around it - 99% sure it's chia. Here's a close up image of them:

https://goo.gl/images/dnzAro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,755 posts in 49,796 topics over 154 months by 21,795 of 22,260 members. Latest: insecureuser, o0liver19, Laura07