Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Sending bugs back to whence they came

(4 posts)
  1. Donna Noble

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Nov 7 2015 23:14:13
    #

Login to Send PM

My 4plex infested with bed bugs and carpet beetles, landlord within legal rights to not treat. I've been paying pco past six months, and I'm the only tenant doing anything about it, and they just keep migrating back to me. Lease is about up and need these bugs dead/gone so don't take them with me. No more money for professional, so thinking de powder everywhere, then crank heat and bug bomb to flush them out and death imminent. I know absolutely not supposed to do that since makes them spread, but it's the other units that are giving them to me?!?! I'm just sending the bugs back home. Then pack up and get out of here. Thoughts?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Nov 8 2015 2:54:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Donna Noble - 3 hours ago  » 
    No more money for professional, so thinking de powder everywhere, then crank heat and bug bomb to flush them out and death imminent. I know absolutely not supposed to do that since makes them spread, but it's the other units that are giving them to me?!?! I'm just sending the bugs back home. Then pack up and get out of here. Thoughts?

I am sorry you have bed bugs, but it's not cool to react to someone else's poor or careless handling of a situation (which is more likely to have been motivated by ignorance about bed bugs and lack of funds on their part rather than ill will toward you) by lobbing your own bed bug grenade back at them.

Also, you may think you know which neighbors gave you bed bugs, but you may be wrong, so this may result in hurting additional people rather than just enacting your revenge.

I totally get feeling like you want revenge, but I think it's an unethical thing to do.

However, leaving aside the ethics of sending them "back" to neighbors, I really don't think you should attempt this for selfish reasons either.

For starters, bug bombs are not a guarantee you send them packing -- we're told they may spread to others, but also more deeply into your home and things.

Also, I don't know what "heat" entails here, but it is not likely to have the effect you wish. DIY heat treatment doesn't really work and isn't likely to have the effect you desire.

Are you absolutely sure the landlord isn't responsible for treatment? How was this verified?

If they're not, and you must move, I'd focus on ways to try and get out bed bug free.

This can be done more easily if you have more money, but with a small budget, there are still possibilities, like heat treating clothing and sealing other items in containers with DDVP strips.

It would be ironic if you moved somewhere, some bed bugs came along, and your new neighbors wanted revenge on you. I hope that doesn't happen either.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Donna Noble

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Nov 8 2015 3:51:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I really don't want to take them with me or risk giving to another person. Just trying figure what to do to minimize risk the best I can with no money. Anything fabric already been laundered and bagged for past 6 months. What's left can't go into plastic bags, bb's will get in cardboard boxes, can't afford plastic containers. Packtite out of the question, I'm actually debating what is possibly safe to put in kitchen oven without being a hazard. I need some major creativity to figure this out. Coating entire apartment and in the walls and everything I own with DE then flushing them out is best I can come up work with. Then anywhere they go they'll die anyway

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Nov 8 2015 4:18:32
    #

Login to Send PM

See my other post in response to your questions about Nuvan-- that may be a helpful road to go down.

Be careful with the oven.

I don't know about your DE plan, but if you mean "flushing them out" with a bug bomb, again, I don't think you can be sure this will work.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,173 posts in 46,246 topics over 140 months by 20,386 of 21,217 members. Latest: VAhouse, dontpanic, Koroifox