Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Self Treatment Plan of Attack Advice (I bought a bunch of products)

(4 posts)
  1. th1pool

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jun 7 2017 15:21:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

I've posted before about an ongoing minor infestation I'm experiencing due to my urban row home being attached to neighbors who won't take care of their own infestation. My girlfriend and I share a bed, and she's the only one who ever gets bit. Each time it happens, I search around the bed/floor and find a skin shedding or two, we bring our local PCO in - they spray - confirm it is coming from the neighbors - I find 1 or 2 dead bugs in the next week - then the bites stop for a few months. Rinse, repeat.

The most recent time my girlfriend woke up with bites - I decided to research the products my PCO uses and order them online.

Based on this list of products - could someone recommend to me the best course of action? I'm guessing some may be redundant, or I might not want to use two sprays together...or maybe use some on alternating weeks - I'm a total novice DIY'er, so I'm all eyes/ears:

-CimeXa Insecticide Dust
    - Bedlam Insecticide Aerosol
    - Phantom II Aerosol Spray
    -Temprid SC Insecticide - 240 mL
    - Bellow Hand Duster & 1 Gallon Pump Sprayer
    - Respirator mask

My home a basic 3BR, 1Bath - 1200sq ft urban row home. Our bedroom is the only room anyone sleeps in - but I will probably treat the other rooms still just to be safe.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

2. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jun 7 2017 17:03:21
    #

Login to Send PM

If you want to solve the problem for good you will have to address the neighbor problem, one way or another. If you cannot get them to treat, then you must investigate if you can seal your unit from them, possibly using Cimexa as part of that barrier.

If, on the other hand, you can't either get the neighbor to treat, or seal adequately, then I would use a non toxic approach such as vacuuming, steam and Cimexa alone, keeping in mind that you very well may be just mitigating the problem as opposed to solving it, but at least you will limit pesticide exposure.

Richard

3. Livingagain

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jun 7 2017 22:33:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Richard's response makes sense. And Cimexa can be used kind of as a preventive barrier, especially if you have carpet. You can apply regularly all around the edges or your room carpet, getting it in the connected wall would be gravy.

4. mp7ski

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Jun 8 2017 0:07:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I will say one thing, that is a good lineup of products to attack a bed bug infestation, but if you keep using them over and over, it may effect their effectiveness due to resistance build up in any that survive. I agree with richard, address the neighbor issue otherwise you'll be dealing with this forever. If not and you want to just keep them at a minimum, use a vacuum, steam and cimexa.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,349 posts in 46,297 topics over 141 months by 20,409 of 21,248 members. Latest: nobugsinmanhattan, newbugpanic, berry1