(5 posts)
  1. Dapio562

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Mar 28 2017 1:59:44
    #

Login to Send PM

So it's been about three weeks since I've been treating my apartment for BB

Around mid January my girlfriend began getting bites that would wake her up in the middle of the night, we don't live together, at first we thought it was scabies, so we were both treated for that.

When she went to urgent care for some antibiotics she mentioned the circumstance again, the doctor told her it sounded like bed bugs. I am a very cleanly person, probably to the point of OCD. I have a one bedroom apartment, the bedroom is wood, and the living room/kitchen is tile. Anyways, my girlfriend began reading about bed bugs and was very scared to learn how severe of a pest they actually are.

I ended up finally checking, found a 'light infestation' in my box spring and along my bed board, etc.

Since then I bought a steamer, DE'd almost all the floor boards in the house, with an extensive amount right where my bed meets the wall. I also use Bio Raider which I bought online from New Jersey.

I tossed the bed and box spring, ended up getting a new memory foam bed from Costco, 10 inch for $280 shipped. Also picked up a metal elevator for the bed to rest on. The new metal platform has 12 legs which are all laced with interceptors. I spray bio raider around my sleep area regularly, turn over my end tables and spray the legs of those as well, because I find they like to hangout there. The new mattress was immediately encased twice.

I also use my steamer on the bedframe in between laundry and also steam my living room couch. Sometimes a friend would stay over and sleep on the couch, so I assume a couple made there way there too.

Other than that, my living conditions are very 'uncluttered'. I don't have much areas that they could hide now that I've indentified their behavior and how they live. At first I still saw some here and there, mostly new hatches though, or straggling matures that haven't had a meal in sometime.

I squish each one in my hand, the ones with a fresh meal pop, and you can tell when the blood is fresh because it's like bright red, but some you can tell have old dark blood in it, almost looks brown. I look at these guys as my enemy, my mission is to destroy them!

Also, my building has about 10 different units in it, I've been here for roughly two years before I noticed the first bed bug issues. However, the more I recollected, there was a very high tenant turnover rate for awhile, someone broke in the parking garage and stole someone's street bike, so a couple people I just assumed were warranted, didn't want to feel they are living in an unsafe environment. I can recall now though seeing mattresses tossed in the dumpster before, I was ignorant to bed bugs though, but now do wonder if the building itself is infested and they are just traveling from unit to unit. Obviously whoever is staying in the building would then be the problem. Which would make since, there are a couple of long time squatters in here.

Bites have stopped for now, my girlfriend is the only one that reacts to the bites, so I wouldn't see my progress if it wasn't for her, or just checking my traps. It seem like there was a delay, then the eggs hatched, caught a couple little shits.

I hope all are putting up a fight like me! I'm sure I'm going harder at this as any PCO would in my area. I have read all the hire professional stuff, but I have dealt with pests in the past, so I do have a good idea when it comes to 'treatments'

I'll keep updating here and there accordingly, if anyone cares to hear any news that is.

Thanks for reading (:

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Mar 28 2017 7:00:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

You may find some additional tips including information on how people get bed bugs in the first place in the protocol I have made available online called TbyPMR.

I would drop the spray in favor of a strong detergent solution (they work equally well).

You will also find a lot of useful information int he FAQ's and useful tools sections.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Mar 28 2017 7:31:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I hope you're on the tail end of this, but in case you need more treatments; CimeXa dust is much more effective than the DE in the tests they have done on the two. If you're successful with the DE, no need to change, but if things linger, you might want to switch to CimeXa. It's pretty cheap.

4. Dapio562

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Mar 28 2017 13:01:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I've already been on the fence of switching to Cimexa, I've been lurking the forums for a bit, but have found a lot of people using that as well. As far as a detergent spray, any products you can recommend?

The bio raider has seemed to be the most effective and what's better is the smell doesn't linger and make me sickly like the neem oil or initial spray I used. On my first treatment I sprayed so much neem my lungs were literally coated and I developed cold like symptoms, even vomitted a bit, that was not fun! I'll keep you guys posted. I was going to wait for a hot summer day and crank the heater up as well, but after reading that one guys insane self heating treatment and considering the damage it can do to my precious electronics, I've decided to stick with more passive treatments.

5. Dapio562

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jun 20 2017 18:17:10
    #

Login to Send PM

No bites on my girlfriend, I still spray from time to time. DE still in almost all suspected floor boards, hoping they stay away!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,731 posts in 50,024 topics over 155 months by 21,873 of 22,356 members. Latest: citycpap, AnxiousAngela1989, weluckyfew201