Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Success Stories

Self-Treating Success Story (for a minor infestation)

(3 posts)
  1. buggyak

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Mar 5 2019 22:40:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Back in October, I saw a bedbug in my house on our love seat in the living room. I figured it had come off a visitor and that it was no big deal. I flushed it, and moved on with my life. I live in an area where bed bugs are common. I'd seen them in my classroom and had been bitten during travel for athletic events. We'd made it almost 5 years without seeing a bed bug in our house, so I figured we were lucky. Then I found one in the bathroom.

It wasn't long before my son started getting bites. The visitor who brought the first bug in often sat in the baby's room to talk on the phone. We were able to pinpoint the infestation to the recliner since they baby and I were both getting bites around the same time frame. With the help of my wonderful babysitter, I used a handheld steam unit to treat the recliner and the baby's crib. I also steamed the nightstand (where I found a shed) and dresser. We also used some DE around baseboards and thresholds.

I cannot stress enough that we had a very light infestation. We have a great babysitter who has dealt with an infestation on her own, so she was really helpful in guiding us through the process. We still steam every so often, just to be on the safe side, but we haven't had any new bites (with the exceptions of the ones I picked up on my last trip. Don't worry - I was quick to bag my things and get washing as soon as I got home.)

We haven't had any new bites at home since the middle of December, so I feel pretty good calling it a success. Thanks so much to all the people on here who gave me ideas of how to attack this problem!

Now we're on to our next issue: Larder Beetles! LOL! The fun never ends!

2. HelpBB

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 13:34:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Congrats!!

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 19:43:11
    #

Login to Send PM

So good to hear!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

288,811 posts in 48,204 topics over 149 months by 21,240 of 21,596 members. Latest: ltito, js2337a, Travelchecking