Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Seeing live bedbugs after 3rd treatment. Why are they not biting me?

(4 posts)
  1. Bedbugg

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Mar 9 2018 5:06:35
    #

Login to Send PM

It could be a weird question, but I am seeing live bed bugs after my 3rd treatment but no bites. Why are they not biting me?
    I had my 3rd treatment last monday (mar 5th) and I found 2 half dead adult bed bugs on the wall near my bed and 1 live one crawling on the ground. I had my 2nd treatment 2 months ago in December and was away for holidays for 2 months and came back on Mar. 1st. I did not get any bite after I came back but seeing adult bed bugs after the 3rd treatment is freaking me out. I check my climb up interceptors everyday but I didnt find anything so I'm assuming that they're not even trying to feed on me. Is there any reason why I'm seeing live bed bugs but no bites after the 3rd treatmemt? I live alone in a bachelor apartment.

2. Canuck

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Mar 10 2018 19:02:07
    #

Login to Send PM

They are biting you - you simply are not allergic so you do not exhibit a skin reaction. This has no bearing on how your skin responds to mosquito or flea bites. Somewhere, approximately, a third of the general population is not allergic and has no or minimal skin response.

Sheree Swindle / certified K9-assisted bed bug inspector
  3. goingcrazy88

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Mar 10 2018 22:47:49
    #

Login to Send PM

What kind of treatnent was it? After all treatments we had(chemical), the bugs would move up on to the walls to avoid the treatment. The first few days were heaven because we didnt get bit. But I also read a few places some species of bed bugs have developed a resistance to certain chemicals over time. Were getting a follow up treatment Tuesday. Which is chemical, but after that we'll also be getting a heat treatment. In heat treatments, I heard bugs can still be missed but however they've been sterilized due to the heat so can't reproduce. But i am no expert. I would call the bed bug company monday and address it to them. I even have monitors under every leg of our beds. Never seen any in them and im getting a little suspicious they're somehow crawling over them like nothing.

4. Bedbugg

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Mar 12 2018 1:01:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I am allergic. I get huge red welts when I get bitten by them. I had a chemical treatment but I'm not so sure about what kind my PCO used. I'm still not getting any bites but I did find one bedbug crawling on the ground near my bed last night. I checked my interceptors but still nothing. I am so confused.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

286,253 posts in 47,652 topics over 147 months by 21,005 of 21,326 members. Latest: scaredincanada, BleuRoses, mab1017