Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Second Thermal Treatment Tomorrow, Two Questions

(5 posts)
  1. aballen

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 28 2008 13:09:47
    #

Login to Send PM

We had our first thermal one week before Thanksgiving and immediately noticed a surge in bites three days later. Then they die down again and returned to normal, 5-7 days, then even longer in between, up to 9 days. Anyone have an explanation for that?
    Also, are they any preparation tips since our last treatment failed. We were still noticing bites overnight and probably on the family room furniture, my sister was bitten six times in a row and that is where she was.

2. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 28 2008 15:47:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

What level of biting activity do you get? Could you possibly share a breakdown over a week or two to see if there are any patterns.

It would also be helpful if you could let me know what level of activity you see, either live samples or fresh signs of activity.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited
    http://www.Bed-Bugs.co.uk

3. BakedBedBugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 28 2008 23:12:03
    #

Login to Send PM

WIthout being involved in the treatment the first part of your question could be two things:
    The treatment failed or you are reacting to something else. It really is that simple.

Explain: "My sister was bitten six times in a row." Please.
    Do I understand correctly that most of your problems center around your upholstered furniture?

4. aballen

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Dec 31 2008 23:03:53
    #

Login to Send PM

To answer the question even after we had the thermal treatment, but for future reference or to help someone else, the problem is in our family room upholstered furniture and the two master suites, ours and my sister's. But, those are the only two areas of the home we spend any time in. If you read my previous posts, I hae had booklice, springtails, lots of signs of BB and one bug found in the bed in fall 2007, I have found about 5-6 mites of some type on traps and sticky tape. All very mysterious to us.I am back to the idea of a controlled burn of the home if this thermal did not work, the house will probably combust if I try that again anyway from the looks of my home. Any suggestions are appreciated.

5. Adele

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Jan 2 2009 23:54:48
    #

Login to Send PM

aballen - your story really broke my heart. how on earth did you wind up with all of those insects infesting your home? Booklice, sprintails, bedbugs, mites - that's incredible!!!

By the way - I can relate to you story - I also infested 2 offices that where I had businesses and my father's nursing home room as well as my car a number of times. it was incredible how easily those things spread

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,771 posts in 48,891 topics over 151 months by 21,460 of 21,863 members. Latest: SimpleObserver, get_out, Dannie