Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Free for all

scared to sit on furniture

(8 posts)
  1. diebugs2014

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Oct 14 2015 14:39:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Can a loveseat and chair be saved? I have a light infestation that i posted about two weeks ago. I have had two treatments and the PCO said that he saw no signs on the loveseat and chair. I have not seen any bugs on the loveseat and chair....but my son fell asleep on it and had two "bites" show up on his arm two days later. The furniture was treated and I have been inspecting it with nervousness. The pco will be back in two weeks to check again. I have only had this furniture for 5 months. I can not afford new furniture, but I am so afraid of having an ongoing problem with these bugs. I want to throw it out, but where will we sit then. The bed and sofa is in the same room. My funds are very low? extreme sadness. What can I do?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Oct 14 2015 15:50:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Of course they can be saved. Keep monitoring for activity and checking for new signs of bed bugs, but just because someone sat in the chair and had a skin irritation doesn't mean that bed bugs are present.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. diebugs2014

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Oct 14 2015 20:19:51
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 4 hours ago  » 
    Of course they can be saved. Keep monitoring for activity and checking for new signs of bed bugs, but just because someone sat in the chair and had a skin irritation doesn't mean that bed bugs are present.

He slept on it, and what else could the two bumps be. It makes me very nervous and anxious. I am trying to hold on to my sanity right now. I loved my new sofa and chair. Saved up for it. Now it scares me to sit on it. Anyone else just want to all metal and plastic furniture? Lol

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Oct 15 2015 8:45:02
    #

Login to Send PM

What else could two bumps be? You can't be serious.

5. diebugs2014

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Oct 15 2015 12:09:47
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 3 hours ago  » 
    What else could two bumps be? You can't be serious.

Its just that he does not normally have itchy mosquito like bumps. My anxiety is over the top. I probably need a counselor not just for this situation, this has added to my struggles and making me insane. I am sorry for sounding like a loser wimp.

6. tripturnedintoanightmare

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Oct 15 2015 14:25:09
    #

Login to Send PM

You are absolutely not a loser, I think you are incredibly brave and I totally admire you for the fight you're leading against the BBs with 2 sons to take care of!

Being short of money doesn't help (and that's a euphemism) and is so stressful, this is so unfair that you have to go through this, but unfortunately you have no choice but to stay strong.

Thinking of you! If you need to write more about how you're feeling, you can PM me. This situation is so unfair but, hopefully, there will be better days.

7. diebugs2014

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Oct 16 2015 9:30:54
    #

Login to Send PM

tripturnedintoanightmare - 19 hours ago  » 
    You are absolutely not a loser, I think you are incredibly brave and I totally admire you for the fight you're leading against the BBs with 2 sons to take care of!
    Being short of money doesn't help (and that's a euphemism) and is so stressful, this is so unfair that you have to go through this, but unfortunately you have no choice but to stay strong.
    Thinking of you! If you need to write more about how you're feeling, you can PM me. This situation is so unfair but, hopefully, there will be better days.

Thank you for responding to my post. I do not feel so brave. I check the beds and sofa everyday and I am so tired of it. Every single day! What kind of way is this to live? Let me stop whining again. Thank you for letting me talk if needed I will PM you.

8. diebugs2014

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Oct 21 2015 0:49:39
    #

Login to Send PM

More bumps after sitting in furniture on myself and son. I have about five in different places and my son has three on leg. I have not seen anything but i am not a good inspectir especially in my state of mind will call PCO tommorrow. I am scared this furniture is going to make me have a nervous breakdown.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,349 posts in 46,297 topics over 141 months by 20,409 of 21,248 members. Latest: nobugsinmanhattan, newbugpanic, berry1