Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Scam or typical: 34 min "treatment"

(7 posts)
  1. bitemelady

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jul 9 2016 14:47:57
    #

Login to Send PM

My PCO (chosen by my landlord) showed up and was there for ~34 minutes. I know this because I am across the street from my apartment building in a cafe. I was told to return in 4 hours. If I have a Studio Apartment that is 400 square feet, probably at max 200 sq feet for 'bed-space'.. is it possible that he could have even sprayed?

When he showed up, he immediately took out a mattress encasement and threw it on the bedside table. (Wouldn't you take that out and put that on last thing? After spraying?) Then I left, and he said return in four hours.. but I just happened to look up to see his bug-truck driving by... I could even see him in a the driver's seat.. so I know it was him.

Am I being a cruel skeptic or is it reasonable to question that he could finish in 30 minutes?
    He also said not to worry about books, purses, shoes, etc--"They don't go in there unless they have nowhere else to go. They prefer the bed." ..???

THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE/HELP.

2. Distressed in NJ

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jul 9 2016 18:43:15
    #

Login to Send PM

You are right to be skeptical. It seems too short a time.

3. bitemelady

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jul 9 2016 18:56:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I returned to my apartment to find the slip that says USED PRODUCTS: Jt Eaton Onslaught Micro... and no other information. I had requested an encasement; on their website they showed a particular brand for $89.99 which was the same as Amazon. The POC office said it would be $89.99. I returned however to a cheaper brand "Clean Rest Simple" (according to their website $59.99) is instead on my bed. The edges look like mesh: WHAT THE FUCKING HELL?! Can't they climb through mesh?!!

The POC left the garbage from the wrapper of the encasement all over my kitchen floor (it's a studio so that's right next to my bed). I don't smell or see any other evidence that they did anything. What would you do?!?!! I've started spraying more things with isopropyl alcohol, and I am going to the store for the gallon jug NOW. I feel like it is my only defense.

I THINK I AM DYING IN HELL.

4. GeekOnTheHill

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jul 10 2016 8:23:39
    #

Login to Send PM

The time seems much too short to do the job properly unless the room was completely empty (no bed, no furniture, no nothing). Even then, it would be tough for one tech to do it in that time.

Some landlords shop for the lowest price. My suspicion is that this might be one of those cases.

Richard

5. bitemelady

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jul 11 2016 16:07:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I sent an email with pictures and my list of concerns to both my property management and the Pest Control company. After calling the Pest Control company, the owner could not be reached because he was "in a meeting."

Three hours later he called me back and said the technician had only had a month of training and made some mistakes. He acknowledged that the brand of encasement that put on was not what was advertised and should not be ripped; 33 minutes did seem fast but said it was because the apartment was so well-prepped (that's a load of shit).

He is sending someone today to replace the encasement--however, it will be the same cheap, low-quality brand because that is all that they have (sounds like they don't actually carry the one that they advertise: so they're ripping every customer off by $30-50 depending on the size of the mattress by placing the cheap one on instead). And when the office-scheduler called back about the time of the appointment, he said that they would not be spraying again.. just replacing the encasement.

I will be surprised if the bugs are baked due to how hot&angry I am right now:
    I could roast them with my eyes--scathing.

6. Mianomia

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jul 29 2016 13:16:11
    #

Login to Send PM

My first treatment was done in 4 hours and two persons.

7. bugged-cdn

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jul 29 2016 17:11:03
    #

Login to Send PM

The PCO we had for our last treatment did two apartments in 45 minutes. We have three bedrooms plus whatever the neighbor has... After all the prep work we did. I could've cried. Actually I did. LL no longer using them.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,349 posts in 46,297 topics over 141 months by 20,409 of 21,248 members. Latest: nobugsinmanhattan, newbugpanic, berry1