Saw Kraystone's video at a store

(18 posts)
  1. nomorebugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 26 2007 15:26:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I was in a Chinese bakery and on it's flatscreen TV saw a video of Kraystone's video on the large panel monitor.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 26 2007 23:54:06
    #

Login to Send PM

That's wonderful, Nomore!

Congratulations, Kraystone.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. nightshirt

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Nov 27 2007 12:36:11
    #

Login to Send PM

what is kraystones video?

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Nov 27 2007 13:41:59
    #

Login to Send PM

5. kraystone

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Nov 27 2007 16:16:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you nobugs and nomorebugs for letting me know!

Actually my roommate's boyfriend does ads and commercials for TV. He suggested me to do a short 1 min comic reel to put on his tv network around the bay area. His TV network contain mainly his reel and commercials + other people's work to make it interesting. The TVs which I was told, are located in restaurants,etc. near the cashier or shown above customer's head while they're eating. I don't think he has a lot of TVs so I'm really surprised that nomorebugs saw it

At that time, I was irritated by bed bugs so much that I did a series of comics documenting my horrifying situation... wanted to let people know how horrible these tiny blood suckers are.

PS. No bites for 22 days

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Nov 29 2007 20:58:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Yay Kraystone! This is after ONE treatment? Fabulous! Unusual too. Since you had such immediate reactions (apparently), maybe you caught them very early before they spread too much, and maybe there were few.

Re: the video: if Nomorebugs saw it, then this is a reminder of how many people must come in contact with it, even with limited distribution. Since bed bug knowledge is mostly spreading via word-of-mouth and limited press coverage, you did a good thing. I hope it helps your career, too!

7. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Nov 29 2007 21:08:50
    #

Login to Send PM

HORRAY KRAYSTONE!!!! You did it!!! You helped get the word out there!! The amount of people that may have seen that is wonderful! I know doing the script was probably good for your sanity, but you made soo many others aware in the process. ( Even if it's in the back of their head somewhere...it's there!) That's a wonderful thing. Pat yourself on the back. You deserve it!

8. kraystone

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Nov 30 2007 14:04:09
    #

Login to Send PM

nobugsonme: Nah, 22-days of no bites was after the 2.5 treatments.

I was bitten right after the 2nd one by nymphs so I called my PCO every single day till they come a week later to spray my bed.

Thanks for your well-wishes
    Now approaching 26-days 8-D

paulaw: haha, thanks!

9. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Dec 1 2007 5:48:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Go kray! Sounds wildly successful.

10. nomorebugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Dec 1 2007 13:26:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey Kray,

Congrats. Sounds sucessful.

I don't get around as much anymore. Having to deal with this problem is eat me up alive (pun intended). I saw the video at Sheng Kee in the south bay. The other Sheng Kee did not have a video monitor (nor did they have green tea buns). Where else are the videos? Fantasia or any boba places? I'm not big on boba would rather have a cuppa joe. QCup? Quicky?

11. kraystone

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Dec 1 2007 16:57:52
    #

Login to Send PM

nomorebugs: I don't know where the TVs are located. From what I know, there are not a lot. My roommate said that they put it at places where people have to wait in line or eat. So I was really surprised that you saw it

I prefer Napoleon Bakery located in SF. Their buns are cheaper but no green tea flavor. I only like the sesame cookies from Sheng Kee but they seldom make it...or it's always out of stock :~(

12. nomorebugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Dec 1 2007 17:51:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Kraystone, I see it all the time now. Maybe the video loop is short. Seriously, I look up and there's that pink background of your vid.

Sheng Kee is always out. I tried the green tea bun because they had nothing left in the evening. It's a swirled bun like a cinnabon. Not sure what the paste flavored with green tea is. Just hope it not too unhealthy. Bread and process sugar is not the recipe for health, but hard to resist a sweet bun.

I'll look for Napolean Bakery sometime. It's hard to past up anything from ctown. Everything is so cheap.

13. kraystone

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 2 2007 7:03:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hahaha, the looping torture~
    I may have my claymation bunny up there looping too if you've seen it
    They're pink bunnies with large teeth (so they can eat bed bugs with~)

[+] Embed the videoGet the Flash Videos

Yeah chinatown food is cheap, so are groceries. I go to the other Napoleon Bakery on Clement st. It's like a mini chinatown, but cleaner.

I went to my friend's birthday dinner earlier today and I was pleased to announce that I'd been bite-free for close to a month now and hope it stays this way~~~

14. bugobsessed

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 2 2007 10:42:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Congrats, kraystone! May your bugless good fortune continue!

15. nomorebugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 2 2007 14:04:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I'll look for it at Sheng Kee.

Napolean Bakery on Clement. I think I know it. Wait, maybe that Alexander Bakery I'm thinking of. Hey do you know what happened to Sweat Delights Bakery down the street? They had great savory buns. Last time I was there, they seemed to have closed. Actually most places are ok, the only place I don't go is the place on Grant with the lines. It's too expensive for chinese.

Hey Kray, how did your PCO treat your room and house? I contacted the same PCO as you. Without knowing the situation of my place, what they suggested is alot. Can I PM you on this, I'm just a bit at a lost.

16. pleasehelp

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 2 2007 14:51:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow Kraystone - love your bunny video - impressive! Did you do all the clay work?

17. kraystone

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 2 2007 14:52:18
    #

Login to Send PM

bugobessed: Thank you! May the luck be with us~

nomorebugs: I only visit Golden Gate Bakery and Napoleon for my cakes and buns

The first treatment was the most tedious one. They have to check the closet, furniture ,bed, turn everything upside down if possible and take out drawers. Then they told me they vacuumed and heated the mattress and couch. Sprayed them and the baseboards too.

Second treatment was just checking and spraying, which may explain why I immediately had little nymphs on my bed crawling around. I believe you have to encase both mattress and box spring, seal the zipper ends to ensure a faster success.

I don't know what other methods they have, because it is between them and my landlord.

PM is fine~

pleasehelp: Thank you (blush)~ Yes I did it all in clay. It was a school assignment done 2 years ago. Took about 2 months.

18. pleasehelp

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 2 2007 15:12:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Awesome!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,447 posts in 46,579 topics over 142 months by 20,544 of 21,410 members. Latest: itchymama4, PrismArc, unclejohn