Saw bed bug 7 months after treatment

(8 posts)
  1. meepxzero

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 30 2015 7:26:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I just saw a bed bug crawling on my wall 7 months after treatment... Hoping it was ONE stray bed bug that was hiding in the walls and avoided all the powder Terminex applied when they treated the place. Feeling very paranoid, but I haven't gotten any bites since the treatment.

Should I follow up with Terminex right away or just wait to see what happens?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 30 2015 7:30:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Bedbugs are an exposure pest so it may be an indication that however you were exposed 7 months ago has reoccurred. Given the time frame its unlikely to be an adjoining neighbor (as that would be shorter than 7 months).

I would advise keeping a watchful eye out or monitoring and calling in the exterminator if you see more activity. In the mean time have a read up on "infestation dynamics" and "local sources" to see if anything rings any bells.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. meepxzero

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 30 2015 7:47:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I wonder if it has anything to do with being in a town house that it may have come from my neighbor (my neighbors houses are connected to one another although I don't know if each home is completely closed off from one another).

Thank you I'll keep an eye out. It just kind of scares me more that I have no idea where they are coming from since I saw it in my living room if there are more in my home.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 30 2015 7:55:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

As I have said its unlikely to be from a neighbor as you would expect to see activity much more frequently than 7 months.

David

5. meepxzero

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 30 2015 15:18:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I probably should have verified if this was a bed bug or not. I did keep the dead bug and took a picture of it today. Can you please ID if bed bug?

http://postimg.org/image/4f5whczo7/

6. meepxzero

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 30 2015 15:19:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry didn't mean to double post

7. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 30 2015 15:57:10
    #

Login to Send PM

meepxzero,

Yes, sorry, it does appear to be a bed bug or close relative.

And it appears to be a male that hasn't fed recently . . . but I'll leave that part to the experts.

Sorry you have found "another" one and good luck!

8. meepxzero

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 30 2015 21:24:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Sad....

Hopefully it was just a stray bed bug that hid in the wall. My body keeps getting itchy all of a sudden since I saw it.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,355 posts in 50,178 topics over 155 months by 21,932 of 22,430 members. Latest: Beachhouse, bbguy, Ladybug1993