(7 posts)
  1. Arctyr

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Jan 4 2017 22:09:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone.

I had a bedbug problem in May of 2015. I moved off the property in May and moved many of my things into a non-temperature controlled storage unit in June 2015. My things have been there since. That is a total of 19-20 months with no hosts available in temperatures varying -5 to 100 degrees fahrenheit. (I live in Missouri )

Is it safe to say that there's no danger in getting my books and old clothes out of storage now? Just want to be certain before I touch anything. I looked at the FAQ and it mentioned that the absolute maximum is 18 months, but I just wanted to be absolutely certain for obvious reasons.

Thanks for any answers.

2. Arctyr

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Jan 4 2017 22:15:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm sorry, this is in the wrong forum and I can't delete it. My apologies.

3. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jan 5 2017 3:12:29
    #

Login to Send PM

From my extensive research, I have yet to find a starvation technique that has actually worked with something that was undoubtable infected. For some reason they find a way. If i were you, I'd buy a packtite and heat treat stuff as I pulled them out of the unit over time, all while taking precautions to make sure anything doesn't hitch a ride or escaped the treatment, only to follow you back home. You can't underestimate these things, if you do, they'll win.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  4. bugged-cdn

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jan 5 2017 11:01:10
    #

Login to Send PM

You're fine at 19-20 months. We're going 18 months just to be extra safe but a year would probably be OK.

5. Bappida

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jan 5 2017 11:33:18
    #

Login to Send PM

if you have waited this long, might as well wait a few extra months just to be extra extra sure.

6. misery

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jan 5 2017 11:36:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I have seen several of the professionals here say 24 months to be certain. Worked for me.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jan 5 2017 23:46:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Arctyr - 1 day ago  » 
    I'm sorry, this is in the wrong forum and I can't delete it. My apologies.

Fixed! No worries.

Were the items sealed?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,395 posts in 48,808 topics over 150 months by 21,434 of 21,838 members. Latest: dc8184, bedbugtoronto, stinson