(2 posts)
  1. iseriouslyhopenot

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Thu Oct 18 2018 16:40:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi -

I had a new mattress delivered last week, along with a motorized bed frame. Several days later, someone told me a horror story of having had a new mattress and motorized bed frame delivered several years ago (from the same national company), and hers arrived with bed bugs in the motor.

Simultaneously, I just found out my indoor cats have fleas, and treated them two days ago (after which I found several dead fleas on the bedding (gross!! but definitely fleas, not BBs)).

Yesterday, I noticed a couple of small, fairly light rust colored stains on my fitted sheet. I washed the bedding last night, and thought I inspected it closely and it appeared clean. Today, I found several more light, rust colored stains on the fitted sheet (washing again right now for another close inspection and night of observation).

I have no sores, bites, welts, etc of any kind on my body. I have seen no signs of bugs other than possibly these little stains. That said, my stains look smaller and more dissipated than the bed bug stain images I am finding on google.

I would have no reason to even think about bed bugs had I not heard my friends mattress horror story, but now I am super paranoid. I have looked all over the mattress, the mattress cover, the blankets, headboard, under the bed frame, along the baseboards and cannot find a single sign of any bug of any kind. Could this be related to the fleas?

Photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/zN9bVkQpWNpZNCSw5

(sorry if this is a repeat post, it seemed my original one disappeared when i tried to edit and add the photo link)

2. iseriouslyhopenot

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Fri Oct 19 2018 6:52:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Update - no new stains this morning. Hoping that means I just missed the "new" ones I saw yesterday upon my initial check. And also starting to feel more confident that these may be flea related. Would still love input from others!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,804 posts in 49,552 topics over 153 months by 21,709 of 22,154 members. Latest: Jcschw, Zirrion, Natureboy325