Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Roomie moving out - how do I treat an empty infested(?) room.

(4 posts)
  1. MaryBK

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Thu Sep 28 2017 16:55:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Long story "short"...

My roommate's room was confirmed to have BB about 10 weeks ago. PCO treated only his room 2x and he's been staying with his girlfriend ever since (mistake #1). He's moving out on Sat. and I'm going it alone (in my 3bd apt.) to go to war on BB.

FWIW, early on, we taped the gap in the bottom of his bedroom door and I have isolated my bed and don't see any signs of BB elsewhere in apt. I have only seen one BB (freshly fed nymph) outside of his room, in the bathroom, the morning after he slept over one night. (I walk around apt. with a magnifying glass, looking for specimens all the time).

Yesterday we threw out his already bagged infested mattress and box spring. and tomorrow his room will be completely empty. I was going to get a 3rd PCO treatment, but they'll just spray an empty room and money is an issue, so not sure that's a prudent step (I own apt.)?!

My plan of attack is to thoroughly clean the empty room which has old hard wood floors with a lot of gaps/crevices in it.
    Q: Should I mop the floors with some sort of solution?!
    Q: I bought Cimexa to use, but it doesn't sound like I should dust it in all cracks and crevices, like you do with DE. Some people talk about "wiping excess up"!? Is it more dangerous than DE?

I will leave the room empty and monitor for about 2 weeks. THEN I want to move my bed in there - unisolated - and see if I get bit or see any signs. Then I would pretty much clean up my room the same way I did my roomie's room, empty it out, etc.. I have an office which I will do the same thing to after my bedroom. (and then there's the living room)...

I don't think I'm getting bitten, save for some random, infrequent bites, which aren't in the BB patterns, and bites don't prove anything, right?!!! ; )... Or maybe I just don't react?! BUT I don't see any other signs of the bugs anywhere else. No BB in my bed active interceptors, nor interceptors of my office futon (which I moved to at beginning of treatment, mistake #2).

I almost can't believe the bugs would not have migrated into other rooms (TBD), but if my bed was isolated, why would they move to my room?! I spend some time in the office, and in one specific living room chair, but no bites, no signs. Maybe they just went back to his room/their home which will soon be cleansed?!

Is there anything better I can do!?
    THANKS for any tips, advice, comments... : )

2. thirdusername

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Dec 26 2017 0:46:43
    #

Login to Send PM

How are you making out MaryBK?

So condos don't cover pest control?
    That sucks.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. bugged-cdn

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Dec 26 2017 19:04:31
    #

Login to Send PM

I would imagine not. I mean, as a property owner, you don't have a landlord.

4. thirdusername

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Dec 26 2017 23:07:17
    #

Login to Send PM

bugged-cdn - 3 hours ago  » 

I would imagine not. I mean, as a property owner, you don't have a landlord.

You could still live in a multi dwelling building so that would suck if you kept getting reinfested by neighbours.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,349 posts in 46,297 topics over 141 months by 20,409 of 21,248 members. Latest: nobugsinmanhattan, newbugpanic, berry1