Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Roach droppings? Or something else? Expert needed!

(8 posts)
  1. letmeknow1991

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jun 5 2019 9:08:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi friends,

So I just moved into a new house (200+ years old) and its clear that there was a roach problem here. I've dealt with them before (I live in Louisiana, its a way of life) and have successfully eradicated them using those little black combat boxes. Most of the evidence is in the kitchen in the form of dead roaches and droppings in the cabinets. I bought the combat boxes, sprayed down everything with lysol, and so far have only seen a few crawling around.

Skip forward to last night, I went to plug something into one of the sockets in the kitchen. I pulled out this Pest Control Ultrasonic device they had plugged into the wall and behind it was this! See pictures below. The pest away thing also had a very small white bug crawling on it and I proceeded to completely flip out. I tried to catch the little white bug and take a picture but it disappeared on me and crawled into the pest away (clearly these thing don't work!)

https://imgur.com/a/giJgi46
    https://imgur.com/a/7QP8g62
    https://imgur.com/a/pZDfYAH

After doing some research, I am pretty sure these are roach droppings. The landlord probably forgot to clean this socket up since it was behind the "pest away". There was even a dead roach below the plug (also pictured). Can you confirm? Just want to make sure nothing bed bug related.

Also, after looking at pictures, I am pretty confident the little white bug I found was a termite nymph not a bb nyph (wrong shape) but if I find another one I'll send a photo.

Thanks in advance! Also any advice and getting rid of these suckers is helpful.

Thanks,
    Sarah

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jun 5 2019 9:13:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't see anything that would make me suspect bed bugs.

3. letmeknow1991

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jun 5 2019 9:15:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Any tips on getting rid of roaches? Clearly these silly pest away electronic things our landlord had don't work.

We are also limited in the products we can use because we have a cat.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jun 5 2019 9:17:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes, clear up all the things the roaches would normally eat as food.

Apply roach get bait and deploy pheromone baited sticky traps.

Keep kitchen food isolated and keep kitchen spotlessly clean.

Usually roach clear in 10 - 14 days.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  5. letmeknow1991

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jun 5 2019 9:20:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks David, this was helpful!

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jun 5 2019 9:26:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Good just remember the main reason for treatment failure is failure to clean the kitchen / area and failure to isolate the food.

If you give them no other food options they will take the bait and with the modern gels the bio-activated poison then kills the next 5+ roaches that eat the dead roach. They eat the dead roaches because there is no other food.

I once had to deal with a roach issue where they roaches were no longer consuming fats and were on a more sugary diet and literally in the crawl spaces of the building. Though case to crack.

David

7. letmeknow1991

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jun 5 2019 9:38:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh I know! We dealt with what we call the "little roaches" at a previous house and a dirty kitchen/ food left out in the other rooms was DEFINITELY the problem.

Luckily at this place I was able to identify the issue about a week before we moved in (saw the droppings EVERYWHERE) so I came and put the bait traps out about a week before we arrived. We've been doing a really good job of washing dishes immediately after eating and taking out the trash daily. The food in the cabinets that can't be sealed in their own containers (i.e flour, sugar, honey) and stored in sealable containers.

My hope is that if we stay consistent the problem will disappear! That is why I was so disturbed when I found all these dropping in the light socket (yuk!). I also need to adjust to living in a 200+ year old house where there are just a lot more bugs in general. We moved from a very nice renovated house where our bug problems (besides one roach issue) were null.

8. Scared88

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jun 5 2019 9:55:58
    #

Login to Send PM

That is a german cockroach - the worst of them all and hardest to get rid of, in my experience. Stay vigilant! Baiting is the best route.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,455 posts in 48,828 topics over 151 months by 21,440 of 21,843 members. Latest: Beardface, BugBrosHauntingMe, brokengarage