Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Review of Freedom Pest Control Cesar Soto NYC PCO

(4 posts)
  1. nippedandtuckered

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Feb 28 2011 0:00:09
    #

Login to Send PM

After the three treatments for bedbugs that were in the contract, Cesar Soto of Freedom Pest Control would not come back, or return calls, although the problem is not gone. I was very polite and patient. He talks a lot, and while he does have a lot of information, I felt his time would have been better spent actually searching for the insects. Mine certainly would have. Every company wants to charge thousands up front for the initial treatments, so companies that won't follow through really leave you extra in trouble, because you have to pay that whole huge amount to someone new, who then might also not continue to come after their contracted visits are over, at a more acceptable rate. Even for the three contracted visits I had to beg and cajole Cesar to return for each of those visits. They were spaced farther apart than is recommended on many sites and forum -- which say every two weeks. He also sells mattress covers that are not the kinds that have been tested in labs (many covers, it turns out, didn't actually keep in the nymphs, I learned from this site). It seemed worrisome that he hadn't kept up with this since he is prides himself on his expertise.

I wish he were more reliable because I like him and his team, despite all the big talk you will have to politely endure in order to get them to actually start working. Although he didn't solve the problem, and abandoned our family in our dark days, after taking quite a bit of our money, I do give him one star for trying to be conscientious about not overusing pesticides.

I think he means well, but is overextended. But he shouldn't take on new clients if he can't keep up. Certainly not for what he charges. I know this is less than others, but less than others around here is still insanely expensive for the number of actual hours of labor involved.

If you find yourself in the bummer situation of having bed bugs, I would suggest finding someone who guarantees they will come back for a reasonable amount if the initial contract doesn't do the trick. It's strange that so many of these nyc exterminators put in 2 or 3 visits as part of the initial contract, yet all statistical evidence points to 3, 4, 5 or even 6 repeat treatments often being needed. They also don't guarantee over a month, yet bed bugs can lay low for a long time without biting, and I suspect they wait until the pesticides are gone before they venture out into your territory again. Who knows? Ca c'est la probleme! I guess the exterminators in NYC make sure they are covered, while you're covered too... in bites.

2. weedbugpest

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Feb 28 2011 0:56:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your review nippedandtuckered it will certainly help others on the forum when it comes to choosing a trustworthy pco.

If you still have a bed bug infestation I strongly suggest you contact Killerqueen off the forums. I have heard nothing but great things about his services and honesty.

3. ActionK9

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Mar 4 2011 12:20:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Because of the nature of bed bugs and the variables involved in each treatment that may differ from one client to the next... a post treatment warranty is essential. We decided long ago that anything short of a 90 day warranty is ... well... a bit of a rip off. We recently took it a step further and provide our customers with the warranty at the end of our treatment process. If you spend the time and do the job correctly... a 90 day warranty will ensure that your customer is going to remain bed bug free once the job is considered complete.

Talk is cheap.... bed bug eradication is expensive.

Todd Lorah/Project Manager
    Action Pest Control

4. mangycur

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jan 23 2014 13:32:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I had a similar experience with Cesar. He also did some unprofessional things like start arguments with my landlord. He charged a lot of money and then kept changing my follow up appointments because his schedule kept changing. My boss was pissed at me because I kept changing which personal days to take off to make the follow-up happen. Also he made a big deal about how he was going to caulk and charged me a lot of money for that extra service, but the caulk job was extremely poor and didn't cover all the areas it was supposed to. My overall opinion is that he is just kind of distracted and flakey, and charges too much.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

276,213 posts in 45,463 topics over 138 months by 19,977 of 20,741 members. Latest: nightmareinct, JohnIsSoTiredOfBegBugs, acar30