(3 posts)
  1. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Sep 9 2008 21:39:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone,

From time to time, you may see something here that you feel violates the rules at Bedbugger.com. (See Terms and Conditions of use. and the Forum Rules). For example, someone using the forums as an advertising space, someone posting spam, acting "uncivil", or other "bad behavior." Or maybe you are worried for some other reason.

If you have a genuine concern, you can click a button next to the post (the word "FLAG THIS POST FOR MODERATION"). You'll be prompted to fill in a window explaining what you think the problem is (briefly), and then it will be emailed to me, the administrator. It is faster and easier for me than if you send a PM. Note you won't see this "flag" link unless you are logged into the forums.

After flagging, the post will remain where it is and the author will not be alerted that a complaint was made.

NOTE: This does NOT send posts to the spam filter (or anyone else). The exception is that an obvious spam post flagged by many may go to quarantine until I can view it. In most cases, though if your post "disappears" it is probably a function of the occasional issue with the spam filter described here, and I will rescue it ASAP.

Please do not use this "flagging" feature frivolously, but if you are concerned, feel free to alert me and I will look into it as soon as I can.

Note also that at least one phone browser won't work with the flagging mechanism. If you find that trying to flag doesn't work for you, please copy the URL (web address) of the offending post (to do this, click the the "#" sign next to the person's post, and copy the URL that loads in your browser window). Send me the link to the specific post with a brief explanation of the problem via email or a PM, and I will view the report and take action if needed. In most cases, I cannot respond to reports directly.

Thanks for helping make this forum helpful for so many!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Apr 10 2009 14:42:45
    #

Login to Send PM

This feature was down for a while after the software upgrade a few weeks ago, but has been reinstated.

You will now see a red "Flag Post for Moderation" under every post on the forums.

If something seems wrong: a post is blatantly advertising, or otherwise violates forum rules, has obscene or inappropriate content, or something else concerns you, do NOT hesitate to flag it.

The post will NOT be automatically removed, but I will review it.

Your assistance is much appreciated!

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 30 2010 2:50:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Just a reminder, since we've had a few active spammers the last few days (the exterminador de chinches and the DeconGreene fan, namely) -- "if you see something, say something."

Flagging a post for moderation alerts me quickly and via email of anything you think should not be on the forums.

Don't hesitate to flag a post -- I may not respond to your alert, but I investigate every one, and appreciate the help very much.

Thanks!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,649 posts in 49,518 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982