Replaced bed with hammock

(4 posts)
  1. buggybed

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Feb 12 2019 3:44:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been living with bedbugs for 3 1/2 years. I have been able to limit the infestation but not entirely eradicate it.
    I have now replaced my bed (box spring and mattress) with a hammock. This was quite an arduous procedure but so far the results are very encouraging. To secure the hammock, I fixed two pieces of 2x4 wood at two corners of the room (using long coach screws secured into the walls) I then put eye bolts into the wood. For the hammock I decided to use a long cotton curtain which I folded in half. I bound the ends with rope and connected it to the eye bolts in the wooden blocks with rope. The hammock is surprisingly comfortable and K have been sleeping very well in it. In terms of eradicating bedbugs, it is proving particularly effective. The bugs that I bring into the hammock get trapped in it. Unlike a bed which gives the bedbugs many options for hiding places (including outside the bed, the hammock means they can’t escape. Also the bedbugs can’t get into the hammock from outside. This is definitely proving true. I have been using vinegar on the hammock. For the first time in years, I am spending whole nights without a single bite. The bites are continuing, but the frequency has dropped
    Massively. For the first time I can actually see a way out of this issue. I have been covering the hammock in vinegar every few days. I know it doesn’t kill the eggs, so I am going to just carry on until the bites stop. The most satisfying is is that the critters can’t run away! They are trapped! I will continue to update my progress...

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Feb 12 2019 5:03:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

After 3 and 1/2 years I would have thought you would have investigated the “how are they getting into your home” rather than how to get temporary relief in this fashion.

I would strongly advise you to spend some time reading the static content and then looking up my posts on infestation dynamics to better understand what has been going on.

There are also some old texts out there which mention bedbugs on tall ships where hammocks were more common as well as the genesis of the phrase “sleep tight”. For those who did not know it relates to the tightening of the ropes that helps the canvas bed base stay off the floor but also the taught oiled ropes were supposed to kill bedbugs. Sadly it only gives temporary relief and the fact is that some of the bedbugs will adapt and the off spring of these will also be adapted.

Hope that resonates and sets on a better path.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. SalsaVince

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Feb 12 2019 10:29:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry but that's like someone who has a hole in their boat buying bigger buckets so they can bail water faster. Wouldn't it be better to invest your energy in plugging the hole? What treatments have you tried? Have you been able to locate where they are and where they came from? Do you live in an apartment where you could get support from management? As David said, if you're hoping that they will just starve to death because of your hammock, that's not a practical plan. You can't spend 24 hours a day in your hammock. They do bite in other places than the bedroom and at other times of the day if they have to.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  4. SalsaVince

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Feb 12 2019 13:26:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Will you go away with your advertising! It's really unscrupulous to try to profit from other people's suffering. I hope your a robot and not a person who acts like one. You've been reported.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

287,541 posts in 47,911 topics over 148 months by 21,107 of 21,446 members. Latest: nyc-bedbugs, needhelp1111, urka1234