Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Repellents ?

(4 posts)
  1. ITortureBugs4Revenge

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Mar 12 2014 2:29:09
    #

Login to Send PM

This has been nagging me for a long time and i would like to hear what both the experts have to say as well as anyone who has actually done this: Spraying the mattress, bed frame or sofa with the typical "Bugz B Gone" type of insect repellents sold in sporting goods stores for campers, fishermen, e.t.c. Has anyone on this forum ever tried such a thing? I figure that if that stuff does in fact repel bedbugs it would keep them away from people, causing the bugs to eventually starve, if the sides and bottoms of the mattress are sprayed with the stuff as well as the bed frame.

.....I am NOT an expert.....

Any advice i give here is based solely on my own personal experiences in dealing with bedbugs & other household vermin.
  2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Mar 12 2014 2:44:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you look for the question from yesterday about DEET you will see why they generally don't work.

They are also not a good idea by virtue of the fact that they will disperse bedbugs which is counter productive to eradication.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

3. ITortureBugs4Revenge

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Mar 12 2014 2:48:37
    #

Login to Send PM

NEVER MIND ! ......I posted the above BEFORE scrolling down the forums and seeing that someone coincidentally had already asked about the effectiveness of DEET on bedbugs and got an expert answer.

4. ITortureBugs4Revenge

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Mar 12 2014 2:52:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks David. I kind of figured that stuff would be useless for bedbugs but i just wanted to know for sure.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956