Removing Interceptors from Bed

(10 posts)
  1. ScaredInUWS

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Mar 7 2016 22:41:45
    #

Login to Send PM

So we finished treatment in early December. Have not found anything since then. We never got bites. We placed passive monitors to the couch under the middle cushion (we spend a lot of time and sleep on the couch ALOT) and one on the bed under the mattress near the head of the bed. No signs. Today when we went to take the interceptors off the legs we found fecal stains on one of them and multiple dead bugs (normal since we did have BB) HOWEVER one of the dead bugs in the interceptor looked new (red still) while the others looked a little grey after being stuck in the interceptor for a while. Is this dead bug new or it just so happens to just not get stuck in as much talc/dust? Am I just being paranoid?? Help I don't know if I should contact my PCO again or not!!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Mar 8 2016 1:30:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I will alert David Cain (inventor of product) to this post as he may have suggestions.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. ScaredInUWS

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Mar 8 2016 8:24:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Any advice?

4. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Mar 8 2016 8:37:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you post a picture of the bug?

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  5. ScaredInUWS

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Mar 8 2016 8:43:56
    #

Login to Send PM

jim danca - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Can you post a picture of the bug?

I already thew it out.

6. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Mar 8 2016 9:22:22
    #

Login to Send PM

If I was you I would clear out your interceptors (redust with talc if they are that type) and monitor them for fresh evidence. Jim Dance says count down 30 days with no signs of bedbug activity assuming you live in a multi occupation block

7. ScaredInUWS

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Mar 8 2016 10:08:25
    #

Login to Send PM

frightened - 44 minutes ago  » 
    If I was you I would clear out your interceptors (redust with talc if they are that type) and monitor them for fresh evidence. Jim Dance says count down 30 days with no signs of bedbug activity assuming you live in a multi occupation block

I threw them out already Well like I said the passive monitors are clear and we have had no signs since late November (last treatment Dec 3). I'm just an anxious person and didn't know what to make of it

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Mar 8 2016 12:36:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sorry there is nothing concrete that can be added without a clear image.

However, the one thing is does tell you is that prior to being captured in the interception devices the bedbug was off the sofa (assuming its caught in the outer ring). Its possible if fed while someone was sitting / sleeping and that it was deposited off the couch post feeding.

I personally would say it is note worthy but not worthy of calling the PCO about. While some might treat on the evidence of a dead bedbug I prefer to focus on live being an indication of on-going and leave anything dead in the "success" category to be celebrated. If for no other reason than it is healthier for people to process / frame things this way.

The fact that you Passive Monitors are clear is the best indication that you are clear and so long as you have worked out how you were exposed and can avoid that source in future its a result. It also means you have your first line of defense in place in case you do get exposed again.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  9. ScaredInUWS

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Mar 8 2016 13:11:33
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 29 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    Sorry there is nothing concrete that can be added without a clear image.
    However, the one thing is does tell you is that prior to being captured in the interception devices the bedbug was off the sofa (assuming its caught in the outer ring). Its possible if fed while someone was sitting / sleeping and that it was deposited off the couch post feeding.
    I personally would say it is note worthy but not worthy of calling the PCO about. While some might treat on the evidence of a dead bedbug I prefer to focus on live being an indication of on-going and leave anything dead in the "success" category to be celebrated. If for no other reason than it is healthier for people to process / frame things this way.
    The fact that you Passive Monitors are clear is the best indication that you are clear and so long as you have worked out how you were exposed and can avoid that source in future its a result. It also means you have your first line of defense in place in case you do get exposed again.
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I really appreciate the insight! It was actually in the inner ring of the interceptor not the outer. All the other dead ones were in the outer ring. I have some of my original dead bed bugs in a ziplock [they are also still red] and the one I found in the interceptor had the same look to it. The passive monitors are still stark white. I mean I am now at 3 months post treatment if I still had BB I feel like I would have seen a live one by now....

10. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Mar 8 2016 23:16:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, David!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,803 posts in 50,043 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen