Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Relatives giving me a horrible time

(2 posts)
  1. ebony

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jan 20 2013 12:09:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm allergic to bedbugs but the relatives I live with, specifically aunt and uncle, aren't. One of them claims to have never seen a bedbug but is making up a lot of insults to yell at me with. Can't they do a tiny bit of research? They claim, based on my allergic reactions, that I'm the only one getting bedbugs and it's because I don't shower enough (as if, and showering too much dries out skin and makes itching worse). Bedbugs want your blood, no matter whether you or your living area is clean or not. They do not spontaneously generate. I suppose my blood type is prone to insect bites considering I'm a magnet for mosquitoes. And they won't do anything about it because they can't see the bugs, even though they're small, fast moving, and nocturnal. Apparently getting dozens of bites a night isn't enough.

I really hate being blamed for causing them even though the only thing I'm guilty of is having an allergy. I'm the one getting a warning from my body so the problem could be solved. I live in an apartment so my neighbours might appreciate my help. I've submitted a work order and management will look into the problem. However, it will probably be a while until a PCO comes. And, I've had plenty of experience with allergies to various things like spider bites, pollen, and cats, sometimes resulting in huge, painful, red, heated swelling that once rendered my hand immobile for days. Or my face could swell and my bloodshot eyes would be swollen shut.

2. Alberta has bugs

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jan 20 2013 14:55:05
    #

Login to Send PM

It seems your Aunt and Uncle are hooked on some old wives tales about BB's.

Hopefully the workorder goes through quickly. Did you happen to find any and put in a ziplock? If you have the proof, it would probably speed things along and also confirm to you that it is BB's and not something else.

Good luck to you and btw it is not the showering that keeps them out of the home.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,428 posts in 49,260 topics over 152 months by 21,591 of 22,013 members. Latest: Ddukes, acidburn, metropest