Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Reinfestation, from neighbors, or fluke?

(3 posts)
  1. NewMove

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Mar 3 2013 20:21:01
    #

Login to Send PM

If you browse my recent posts, you'll see that I am not quite sure what I'm dealing with right now.

I had heat treatment in October, and had no signs of anything again until just the beginning of February. I was getting the all too familiar bites, but no other evidence. No fecal stains, nada. When I had bugs before, I had allllll the classic signs.

A week ago, I found and captured a live adult unfed female bed bug ( confirmed by PCO) that was on my kitchen floor. Still no other signs. To be honest, since last week, I've had no bites... Or at least what I thought were bites.

I am just driving myself nuts. Could this one bug be a sign that there are more? If my 4 month ago heat treatment failed, wouldn't I have noticed it sooner? Also, if the source of bugs was coming from an adjoining unit (I live in a condo) wouldn't I have noticed it right after the heat treat too? I am having a k9 come out this Tues... A very reputable little beagle trained at the J&K canine academy in FL, and I'm hoping I get an answer to what the heck is going on.

Or, could this just be a weird fluke? An odd hitchhiker bug that I was lucky enough to catch. Any tips or insights appreciated.

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Mar 3 2013 21:45:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you post a picture of the bug that has already been confirmed by the "PCO"? Have the surrounding units been inspected?

3. NewMove

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Mar 3 2013 22:16:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for responding! I do not have a photo, and the PCO took the bug with him to add to his collection. I should have taken a photo. I was in such a panic and was not thinking! Since last Oct., I have become familiar with their appearance, and can safely say it was a BB.

The adjoining units have not yet been inspected, but I am working with the condo board on making this happen. They are being very supportive. I sincerely hope the other units are not infested. I just want this to be over with. I have already spoken with three neighbors, and none of them claim to have any issues. They all feel really terrible that this is happening.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,274 posts in 50,155 topics over 155 months by 21,924 of 22,420 members. Latest: duracell, Parawail, Quiltergirl