Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Reinfestation?

(2 posts)
  1. madams1

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Sep 20 2017 7:22:10
    #

Login to Send PM

In June I found some beg bugs in my room. We had an exterminator come out and they did a full inspection of the whole house and they were just isolated to my room. It was treats and everything went well, I got new sheets and put a protector on my mattress and my box spring and all of my pillows. The 30 day follow up inspection in August showed that I was clear and I'm so thankful for that. However, this morning while I was getting ready for work I noticed one live bed bug on a decorative pillow that was laying on the ground at the foot of my bed. I killed it but now I am very worried that I am reinfested. Could it have just been a straggler left over from the initial treatment? Will I have to be retreated by the exterminator or is there something I can do at home?

2. Woodrow15

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Sep 20 2017 8:27:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi! So glad to hear you were given the all clear. We have yet to get there and are having our third chemical treatment this afternoon. I will tell you what our exterminator told us...stragglers are common. They are really good at hiding and can live for a year to 18 months without feeding so if it decided to stay hidden during your treatment and now your chemical is no longer effective, it is alive and well. Our exterminator treats us monthly for an entire year in hopes of catching any stragglers and preventing them from establishing again. I would recommend monitoring your situation very closely for the next several weeks. Did your exterminator offer a guarantee of any kind?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,810 posts in 50,044 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen