Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Red spots on sister's arm one month after finding a single bug

(7 posts)
  1. OliviaTheOlive

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri May 27 2016 11:30:44
    #

Login to Send PM

So, a little over a month ago I made this post. I would highly encourage you to read it and its replies so you completely understand what is going on here.
    I have not seen any signs of bed bugs for a month in my room. Not one. 2 different professionals came out and said that everything was bedbug free. The one male bug was likely a hitchhiker from my boyfriend's house. This morning I looked at the insides of my sister's upper arms and she had very many red spots on them. They looked like bites. Now, this is very odd for a few reasons. TMI, but, my sister sleeps naked. Spots where nowhere else on her body. And there were VERY VERY many of these. She didn't see any of these before. These "bites" are literally only on her upper arms and there are so many of them. It just seems very unlikely and odd to me that there would be so many bites concentrated on one area so suddenly. Do you think these are actually bites or some odd rash?

2. OliviaTheOlive

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri May 27 2016 15:32:40
    #

Login to Send PM

????

3. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat May 28 2016 4:03:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Olivia I am no expert but I am pretty sure that no one can diagnose bedbug bites from viewing the bites. Just keep an eye on your sister's arm to check that the bites/rash do not get worse.

4. OliviaTheOlive

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat May 28 2016 8:39:28
    #

Login to Send PM

frightened - 4 hours ago  » 
    Hi Olivia I am no expert but I am pretty sure that no one can diagnose bedbug bites from viewing the bites. Just keep an eye on your sister's arm to check that the bites/rash do not get worse.</blockquote
    I didn't mean the bites themselves, I more so meant the oddness of how many there are but how concentrated they are on a single location.

5. OliviaTheOlive

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat May 28 2016 8:40:20
    #

Login to Send PM

frightened - 4 hours ago  » 
    Hi Olivia I am no expert but I am pretty sure that no one can diagnose bedbug bites from viewing the bites. Just keep an eye on your sister's arm to check that the bites/rash do not get worse.</blockquote
    I didn't mean the bites themselves, I more so meant the oddness of how many there are but how concentrated they are on a single location.

6. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat May 28 2016 22:29:47
    #

Login to Send PM

It does sound more like a dermatological issue based on what you wrote. But you should inspect.
    Is this in an area with mosquito activity?

7. OliviaTheOlive

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun May 29 2016 4:06:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Winston O. Buggy - 5 hours ago  » 
    It does sound more like a dermatological issue based on what you wrote. But you should inspect.
    Is this in an area with mosquito activity?

Yes it is, but my sister said it didn't itch.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,306 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo