Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

records with PCO and recommendation of PCO

(5 posts)
  1. aaanxious

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Sat Feb 2 2019 14:13:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi

I have a question about inspection records if I use a PCO. Will people find them out? I had a bed bug scare several months ago. Despite negative inspections from PCOs I asked for treatment anyway because I was very worried about some bites/skin reactions I had. I have not had bites/skin reaction for several months and no one have ever seen any evidence so I think I probably never had it. I'm trying to get new inspections now as a proof I don't have it now. I had a K9 inspection from an independent bed bug inspection company a month ago and it was negative. But I'm worried that the independent bed bug inspection company is not a pest control company and may not be convincing enough to others. I'm thinking of having another inspection from a PCO. However, from what I read in this forum and in studies, K9/canine inspection sometimes give false positives. I'm afraid if I do inspection again and if I'm unlucky to get a false positive then it will be a record with a PCO that shows I have bed bugs now even though I know I don't. If e.g. in the future after I sell my place, could the buyer somehow find this record? Do PCOs report their work records to somewhere? I know I may be over-worried but overall I have been super paranoid after I had the bed bug scare. Can someone recommend a PCO that does good inspections in NJ/NYC area? Thanks a lot!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 10:08:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I can only address the recommendation part in terms of inspections. I know, certainly when I worked with them a few years ago Dana K9 had a reliable and accurate K9 scene detection and always visually confirmed alerts.

I would however also suggest you look at monitoring as a way to establish a better routine / response to concerns over skin reactions. Automatically jumping to the assumption it MUST be bedbugs is not a balanced one and int he case of some people because of the way it feeds their anxiety it is also not healthy.

Hope that makes sense.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. aaanxious

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 11:02:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David,

Thanks! I've ad your BB alert as well as other passive monitors for a long time and nothing ever showed up.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 11:14:55
    #

Login to Send PM

One of our regular techs on the site services NYC. He posts here as KillerQueen and his site is bootapest.com

I wouldn't be concerned about records, service that you contract and pay for should be private information.
    Any dog inspection that hits on a location absolutely needs the handler to produce a live sample from that area, otherwise it's a useless service.

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 11:15:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you already have my design of Passive Monitors down (not all products that claim to be passive monitors are) for more than 21 days then I would argue what you are seeking is peace of mind and confirmation of what you already know.

If the detection skirt remains free and you've had skin reactions then by the 14 - 21 day mark its not bedbugs.

Therefore it might be worth addressing the anxiety loop rather than repeating the symptoms.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,506 posts in 49,276 topics over 152 months by 21,596 of 22,019 members. Latest: tlc6225, Laurenke, elco1996