Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Recently moved from an apartment with bedbugs.

(4 posts)
  1. xshinjixikarix

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jun 18 2015 19:21:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all,

So I recently signed a lease to a new apartment (in Manhattan), and days before moving in my roommate ( now ex-roommate) said he found about a dozen or so bedbugs in our other roommates room. We notified the landlord and they sent someone over to "fumigate". I checked my bed (didn't find anything) but mentioned I've been getting itchy spots that disappear within a few hours / next day. Since i read they usually last up anywhere from 7 to 10 days i dismissed it, as i haven't found any bedbugs in my room. I threw away my bed upon moving, and brought only my table (made of metal and glass) and my clothes.

In my new apartment i physically checked my belongings and washed my clothes. I thought everything was all good, but my ex-roommate texted me and said he found 2 dead bedbugs on the walls in spiderwebs... I've since been getting bites again (every couple days, but seems to becoming more frequent), but they don't feel synonymous with the usual bedbug bites (3 in a row). Regardless, i went out and bought Bedlam, Talstar. and Diatomaceous Earth and sprayed the perimeter of my room with Bedlam, windows and cracks. placed tupperware containers with DE at the feet of the bed, and dusted + Talstar'ed the bedframe. Unfortunately to no avail because i woke up with 2 bites on my feet (1 on each foot).

Because i recently moved and in my old room i wasn't able to find anything, i believe i may have only brought a few ( or even 1?). I also saw earlier today DE isn't as effective, and might invest in CimeXa to dust the bedframe. I would prefer to conquer this as a DIY because I'm broke and i feel there's only a few so a PCO might not be able to confirm it asap and that'll be money down the drain.

What am i missing, what are my options? How else should i tackle this issue before an infestation ensues?

2. Luvbug

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jun 19 2015 14:08:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi there,

I'm by no means an expert (just someone who dealt with bed bugs before) an I can tell you that my mattress cover was my saving grace. My bed bugs had built a nice little home in the head of my mattress and once I put on the bed bug proof mattress cover, no more bites.

Have you checked your couch, walls, carpets, lint after doing laundry, etc? Have you caught any or seen any or is it just the bites you're going off of?

3. xshinjixikarix

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jun 19 2015 17:54:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Have you checked your couch, walls, carpets, lint after doing laundry, etc? Have you caught any or seen any or is it just the bites you're going off of?

Hey, thanks so much for your reply,

I just moved into a pretty small apartment with 1 other roommate, so we don't actually have a living room or couch... or much of anything. I threw out most of my belongings but the previous tenant did leave a pretty sizable cabinet here that i now put my clothes in. I took everything out and sprayed it once over with Talstar (waterbased pesticide).

I'm basing it off of the fact that my previous place in Brooklyn was just starting to get an infestation, and now I'm getting bites here. I've checked the bedding for fecal matter/ exoskeletons but nothing yet. No visible confirmation

Thanks for the mattress cover idea, i will pick one up tomorrow! Along with a nice bottle of CimeXa

4. xshinjixikarix

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jun 19 2015 17:54:56
    #

Login to Send PM

woops posted twice.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,339 posts in 46,777 topics over 142 months by 20,640 of 21,523 members. Latest: Anon_StillTheyCome, Anna_nobugs, Katie10m10