Reassurance?

(2 posts)
  1. collegestudent

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Apr 25 2013 20:55:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, I'm the girl whose dorm has been infested before I even moved in. I've been dealing with this since September. Well, my uni's housing services doesn't want to treat our room anymore, so they are moving my roommate and I to single rooms.

They have had a canine go into those rooms and verify they are bed bug free. They have also put zippered mattress covers on the mattresses in the new rooms.

I have put everything into quarantine (plastic bags with Nuvan strips for three weeks, monitored by the PCO) except these items:

my alarm clock, power strip, wireless router, phone and computer chargers, laptop (and case), makeup, water bottle, tea cup, laundry detergent, personal toiletries, desk stuff (pens, paper clips, that type of thing), and a week's worth of clothing/a bathrobe/one towel.

The clothing/bathrobe/towel, along with my backpack, purse, and my shoes, have all been thrown in the dryer for an hour past the point of being bone dry. I plan on doing that again tomorrow right before I move in, and taking the items directly from the laundry room to the new room.

Everything else is going into quarantine (black garbage bags with Nuvan strips for a minimum of three weeks), and I'm using sets of conference sheets (that will be changed very frequently) from the university for the remainder of the school year.

Also, everything that is being moved into the new room is being inspected by a canine before it is transported, so anything that the canine alerts to will be quarantined with the Nuvan strips as well, rather than being moved into the room.

Can someone please reassure me that I am doing the right thing, given the circumstances (the university is making us leave the room, so telling me to stay and continue treatments isn't something I can make them do)? Is there anything I can do to be more careful?

I am planning on leaving all my belongings, save the things like the alarm clock, router, power strip, etc in sealed ziplock bags for the remainder of the year as well.

Please, just give me reassurance. Even if you can't tell me that the problem is guaranteed to go away, just tell me that I personally am doing this as right as possible. I've been having panic attacks constantly, and I'm so scared that this won't work. If it doesn't work, I honestly think that I wouldn't be able to live like that anymore.

2. whybedbug

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Apr 26 2013 22:50:40
    #

Login to Send PM

You've done everything you could. The Univesity's reputation is on the line as well so they've done the best for you. You shouldn't be worried. May I ask which university that is ?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus