(3 posts)
  1. mm24

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2016 2:20:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey everyone.

Saturday morning, October 1st we found a bedbug running on my son's sheet while we were watching Batman vs Superman (I have no idea what happened in this movie at all since our lovely interruption). I caught it and found 5 bites on my son that were not there the day before. He has a big reaction to any bite, this particular set of bites even gave him a swollen eye for two days! One of the bites was on his cheek.

The pest guy came 4 days later and treated the place. We did a lot of laundry. We have not seen a bug, a bite, or anything since I caught the bedbug on Oct 1st. Nothing.

It's been 12 days and not a sign of bedbugs has been found. I would have thought I imagined everything if I didn't have a bedbug in a jar. Our pest guy is coming for a second treatment in a week from now.

Are we that lucky? I still wonder if the only bedbug we had is the guy in the jar. Any opinions from the experts?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2016 23:00:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Your son had bites and you found a bed bug on 10/1. You had treatment on 10/5. You're getting retreated 14 days after that.

I am not an expert but it's possible you had one bed bug. It's also possible you had more but they're dead already from treatment.

Remember that bed bugs could have bitten someone else who did not react. However, if there were more in other places, they'd be biting and you'd be able to find fecal stains if you looked.

I don't think any expert can say anything about your situation with any certainty without seeing it., but it sounds positive. The follow-up treatment is a good idea to be sure. When they come, they should inspect for new signs.

Did we talk about possible sources?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. BBNL

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Oct 13 2016 6:30:25
    #

Login to Send PM

If I may, I'd like to share my experience - not to be negative, but so you can take proper precautions. I'm not an expert, just a fellow afflicted soul:

The city exterminator sprayed my whole place twice in 5 weeks, which is the whole treatment. That was February and March. He said the poison (contact killer) would be active for 3 months. I decided screw it, I'm leaving the poison on till I can move. There were no more bites and I thought I was in the clear.

Fast forward to about a month ago. Indian summer. My apt was really hot and it started to smell kinda funky despite my cleaning so I decided to mop the floors. Next thing you know I'm getting bites. I sprinkled DE all around the bed and had no more bites (I finally moved but despite my precautions I seem to have brought the little devils with me).

My conclusion is the poison in my place was a repellent, though it did kill some bugs on contact. So maybe - maybe - yours could be, too, so it might be worth looking into DIY options, too.

Best of luck!!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19