Really need advice!!

(2 posts)
  1. buggedout93

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Oct 22 2014 8:46:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I really hope someone on here can shed some light because I feel like I've done all the research I can and I'm still confused. So, I'm living in China right now. We lived in an apartment when we discovered the bed bugs. Started getting bit around September 20th.. Started inspecting around that time too. We didn't actually find any solid evidence or bugs until October 10th ish. There were two or three small blood smears on the sheets. However, we never found any adult bugs, we only found newly hatched nymphs. They were crawling on the wooden frame under the mattress and were tiny and translucent. We decided to leave the apartment since we are leaving China at the end of this month. Before leaving the apartment I bagged everything up entirely and cleaned and inspected everything that wasn't clothing. We then took our clothes to a self serve laundry place and dried them all (including our backpacks and shoes) on hot. The next day we moved to a hostel and everything was fine for two days. Then I woke up with bites again on my ankles... So, we moved rooms and stayed in the new room for two days, but I kept waking up during the night feeling itchy. But no new bites. We decided to have a go at our laundry again. We washed everything on hot and dried each load TWICE on hot putting everything directly into plastic bags ect... We even went and bought new luggage. Now it's about 5 days later and I have two bites on my arm that appeared yesterday afternoon, and I woke up last night feeling itchy like I had been when we had the bugs. I'm sitting in bed right now with that same itch/tingle in my legs. I'm at my wits end, this is ruining our trip and I'm terrified I'll bring them back to Canada with me, but can't throw out my things because I don't really have enough cash to replace my clothes when I get back to Canada. I just don't see how any bugs or eggs could have survived the heat we subjected them to. I should mention that I've had this strange tingly feeling intermittently throughout the day for last month - even before we found the bugs. I know it could be other things but that seems very coincidental. Thanks in advance for your replies and help.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Oct 22 2014 8:59:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

For a number of reasons, including finding small insects only this does not immediately make me thing bedbugs.

Most commonly when only small insects are found the ID turns out to be Pscocids or book lice. I would start by looking at the example images of those and reading up.

It may be that the issue is them and not bedbugs and in which case the reaction you are having is environmental rather than due to the insect themselves. Such an environmental reaction could persist in multiple locations if the trigger is connected to the local weather conditions.

Certainly if you find another sample its worth posting an image for confirmation.

With regards the return to Canada I would suggest you look in the FAQs for decontamination suggestions such as PackTite and in the useful tools section for options for monitoring when you get back.

However, I would try to focus on the fact that this is not confirmed as bedbugs at this stage.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,772 posts in 50,035 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,359 members. Latest: questioning_bugger, Mikayah, maybeebedbugs