Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Really doubting the PCO right now.

(7 posts)
  1. misery

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Oct 4 2014 0:33:22
    #

Login to Send PM

So I was told the bathroom and linen closet didn't need sprayed, that they don't go there.

Guess where I found 1 live and 3 dead bugs? Yeah. There. So should I have him come back and do the bathroom and linen closet? How do I even trust this guy?

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Oct 4 2014 4:35:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Before you make that judgement call I would check with any upper and lower neighbors as there is a high probability that they have bedbugs, if they don't double check the sample ID as it may be a close relative to bedbugs.

Bathrooms and linen closets are not "normal" places to need to treat but they can indicate the source of an issue.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. misery

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Oct 4 2014 16:05:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Well it is on a shared wall. The dead ones are maybe from the spraying? How long does it even take for them to die from the 'residual' effect of that? The live one may have crossed over into the bathroom or ran there because it wasn't treated? I would call but it's the weekend, they're closed.

I don't have neighbors above or below, only next door. I am on the end of a block of townhomes. Only one neighbor, the one that was confirmed as having a nasty infestation before I moved into my apartment. I'm assuming that bedbugs are like roaches...... "have water pipes? will travel!"

(Thanks for replying yet again, you're such an amazing help!)

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Oct 4 2014 16:50:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The kill time of residual sprays vary but in general it's not as short as people want.

Pipes tend to go up and down while row/terraced houses tend to have half bricks missing under the flooring. It's for between property air flow and are also exploited by mice.

I would check with the neighbors as to their current infestation status before you move forward with your property.

David

5. misery

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Oct 4 2014 16:58:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes I live in the end unit of a 'row house' (in UK terms) and I have no neighbors at the moment. They moved out a week before I moved in, so fortunately that means it's empty and unfortunately means it's empty of food.

I'm really hoping the few i've found here in my apartment are just hungry and looking for a place to go. I was told the apartment was treated immediately after they left (I don't believe the maintenance man because he emptied a lot of garbage out of it before the PCO came this time) and he said no one will move in for a month to allow freedom for the PCO to treat.

I'm not the praying type but I hope with my obsessive nature and an empty infested unit this can be eradicated.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Oct 4 2014 17:14:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

You need to try and gain access to run active monitors such as the Bed Bug Beacon as it will reduce the risk of spreading.

You may also want to recruit the neighbor of that unit on the other side so you don't bounce this one back and foreth.

David

7. misery

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Oct 4 2014 21:06:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I will look into the product and it's affordability...... and i'll ask my landlord if he has informed the neighbors on the other side. It didn't occur to me that he wouldn't!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,802 posts in 49,808 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991