Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

reaction to insecticide

(2 posts)
  1. fireant

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Jul 29 2014 7:39:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Has anyone else had an adverse reaction to the pesticide used by a PCO? They used Phobi-Dose and we have suffered from burning feet and itchy skin.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Jul 29 2014 7:47:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi fireant,

Phobi-Dose is a relatively new product to the market in the UK and although it was heralded as a breakthrough the lab data does not seem to agree with what people report in the field. I have tested it against our UK London strain as part of product reviews and its never been in the top 50% of the 30+ things that get trialed.

They should have left you an information sheet with the quantity used, which would be helpful to know to see if its an over application issue.

I have not heard of others with adverse reactions to the product although increased skin sensitivity has been reported in a small number of cases where various products have been used.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,207 posts in 50,139 topics over 155 months by 21,919 of 22,414 members. Latest: Bigworm, Cain69, Bery10