Re-infested: ID ORIGINAL--PLEASE! [additional images added]

(8 posts)
  1. bitemelady

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Aug 20 2016 4:21:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I believe that I am re-infested. I found two bites and then saw three moving brown specs on my sheets. Right away I stripped all bedding off, and it's been in the dryer for over an hour.

I really, REALLY tried to read the threads about posting a photo and hope that it worked out okay. Can someone please ID the pictures that I took before the treatment because apparently my landlord never even gave the dead/collected bugs to the PCO.

Here is one:
    http://tinypic.com/r/2nrdlzd/9

Here are a collection of adults in a bottlecap:
    http://tinypic.com/r/szuecl/9

If those links do not work, please tell me.

2. bitemelady

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Aug 20 2016 4:37:29
    #

Login to Send PM

I feel like they are inside of me or something. Immediately I tore off all bedding and put them in the dryer for one hour; I may continue to run them because there is a lot in there at once. The specs that I found tonight didn't even look like bugs (like those originals in the pictures above found on July 3rd); the brown specs almost looked like tinier versions of silverfish because they didn't appear to have any legs. Were they just extremely young?

I've already notified my landlord; the PCO was last here on August 3rd (16 days ago), and he said that I could unpack (I didn't based on what the forums said here) because no new ones had been found since July 3rd (the original night).

--ANY ID/HELP is APPRECIATED. I feel so sickened by this that when I stand-up it feels like I am going to pass-out. I sprayed all edges of the mattress-encasement with 91% alcohol--even though I don't see any, and I will attempt to sleep on the bed.. but I am shaking and nauseated so I doubt it.

3. bitemelady

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Aug 20 2016 4:45:20
    #

Login to Send PM

PS. I did buy the "JT Eaton 217 Kills Bed Bugs Plus Aerosol Water Based Insect Spray" from Amazon a week ago just in case they came back. Please advise me if I should spray this tomorrow because last time it took at least five days between when I reported the bugs and when they actually came for the first treatment.

4. bitemelady

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Aug 20 2016 6:22:39
    #

Login to Send PM

See OP for bug photos--NEED ID.

Here is a brown spec that appears like the three that I saw moving tonight.
    http://tinypic.com/r/658qpk/9
    ^^Is that an early BB? (Meaning: I am re-infested, right?)

Also, are these eggs? I have a black folding table upon which I do all of my work and also eat all meals off of... are these eggs or possibly just debris? There is a rim around the edge (of the folding table and also matching padded folding chair).. and since day one I have been concerned that maybe the odd build-up was eggs, but the PCO said no... what do you think these white dots are?
    http://tinypic.com/r/2nkm2as/9

Therefore: I have asked for four IDs:
    --two in the original post of the 'adult bugs' from the original infestation at the start of July.
    --the brown spec found tonight in conjunction with reinfestation
    --potential eggs

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP----EXPERT IDs NEEDED.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Aug 20 2016 8:54:30
    #

Login to Send PM

1. nymph in fabric
    2. bed bugs (adults, most if not all) in bottle cap
    3. not bed bug related
    4. debris, not eggs

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. bitemelady

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Aug 20 2016 9:33:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you Loubugs for the confirmation. When I found out that Maintenance/Management never even showed the PCO the dead ones in the bottle-cap, I was very frustrated and began to doubt that they were bed-bugs.... (even though when I sprayed my mattress with 91% alcohol last night.. through the wet encasement I could see hundreds of black dots.. they didn't appear to be moving but this freaked me out). In addition my teacher had given me a preserved bird-wing... so I started to wonder if it was mites/bugs from that... and I've also seen bats outside... so I've been wondering if they could be bat bugs.

If I saw three of those moving brown specs (much like the third image), does anyone know what that could be?

I haven't decided if I will spray the "JT Eaton 217 Kills Bed Bugs Plus Aerosol Water Based Insect Spray" or not because it does not specify how long to leave the area.... any suggestions?
    It also says do not spray in a food-prep area, but I live in a 400 sq foot studio.. so there will undoubtedly be food prepared in the future.

7. bitemelady

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Aug 20 2016 13:13:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I am still unsure if I am/was re-infested or not. I REALLY thought I saw moving bugs on my sheet last night.

Here is a picture of these black-brown stick/specs that I keep seeing:
    http://tinypic.com/r/30j5gz9/9

Here are the white-rice looking things in the edge/rim of the folding table:
    http://tinypic.com/r/2r3i6g1/9

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP. I really need to figure out if I am re-infested or not. My management/maintenance didn't even respond to my email last night that I believed that I was... they do NOT care at all.

8. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Aug 21 2016 8:30:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, this could be related to the clarity, resolution of image, but can't make out anything related to bed bugs or that speck might not really be related to insects- just a speck. Some inanimate object will move by static electric charge.
    Same with the other picture. Don't see anything related to bed bugs or insects.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,647 posts in 50,007 topics over 154 months by 21,868 of 22,349 members. Latest: fightingback, Jenloaa, pleasestop