Random Thought

(17 posts)
  1. VeryScared2FindOut

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 27 2018 9:17:20
    #

Login to Send PM

So if science can make meds for dogs and cats that cause their parasites to die, be sterile or whatever else those treatments do...why can't they come up with something like that for humans to take care of bed bugs? Just like the dog...a monthly preventative...does anyone else ever wonder about that?

2. keephopealive

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 27 2018 9:25:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I think there were some studies done into the use of the anti parasitic drug ivermectin; I believe the process is called host toxicity? but I've a feeling that the dosages required to kill a significant number of the bugs would be considered unsafe for long term use....

3. VeryScared2FindOut

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 27 2018 9:56:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Then they need to keep trying! For me the worst part is going to be the fear and uncertainty.

4. Chronic

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 27 2018 15:14:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Kind of throwing the baby out with the bath water there isn't that? I feel you on the paranoia, but I don't think trying to become poisonous ourselves is the answer. The fear fades in time... And also with therapy

5. VeryScared2FindOut

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 27 2018 15:29:10
    #

Login to Send PM

How about a special air lock like in Sci Fi movies...where everything is cleaned off before you come in...I think the older I get (and now that I have children) I am turning into Howard Hughs, LOL. Perhaps I should invest in white gloves now. Yes...humor is my therapy.

6. Chronic

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 27 2018 15:37:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Sometimes I daydream about the creation of a virus that'll wipe them all out and the just infecting them all. I don't think they really support anything in the food chain, so it'd be good. But the airlock thing would be good- install one in the entrance of every building.

7. VeryScared2FindOut

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 27 2018 16:32:28
    #

Login to Send PM

A phrase I heard once was that BBs are one of those things that maybe should have missed the Ark. Yes, Air Locks...with super clean off technology before entry to keep our home and work spaces sanitary and safe. I am liking that idea...too bad I don't have the know how or means to make it happen!!

8. Chronic

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 27 2018 17:37:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Engineer and a go-fund-me page?

9. VeryScared2FindOut

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sun Oct 28 2018 18:43:40
    #

Login to Send PM

If only it were that easy!

10. dude

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sun Oct 28 2018 19:20:39
    #

Login to Send PM

well I'm a mechanical engineer and doing something like that would require lots of capital to fund the research and development of something like that. the best way I guess would be to start some sort of petition to get the government to invest and R&D projects like this

I had the idea of killing bed bugs with sound waves. run experiments at different frequency levels that are lethal to bed bugs. and sound should be able to reach all cracks and crevices and inside walls and outlets since sound travels in every direction.

just a thought but it would be pretty cool if something like that would be developed lol

11. VeryScared2FindOut

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 8:32:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Sound waves would be slick too...but they would have to work....not like the ones that are marketed now that may or may not be bunk. Although my Gran swore that it kept the spiders and such out...I can say for sure that it did not!!

12. Chronic

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 15:38:49
    #

Login to Send PM

There's a lovely thought - the little nusiences exploding like wine glasses in front of a soprano. Though, the device that was supposed to keep mice out through sound was ineffective in my apartment, so I'd be skeptical. Still, nice thought.

13. VeryScared2FindOut

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 20:42:23
    #

Login to Send PM

It's all about being creative isn't it? I am thinking that the end of these critters should be right near the top of the priority list for things the event a total cure for. Just think of the trickle down...it would probably make a huge dent in anxiety sufferers also. It would be like a win win, am I right?

14. BiteInTheNite

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 22:37:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I wonder if bedbugs would go for blood if it was presented in a dish or something. Or are they only attracted to the human itself. I would gladly put out little dishes of poisoned blood for them.

Also I think the pros on this site should cash in and pitch a reality show about battling bedbugs from differing perspectives/styles. I’d watch.

Please let it be my paranoia.....
  15. VeryScared2FindOut

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Tue Oct 30 2018 7:47:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know if I would be able to watch something like that...although perhaps it could spawn some good remedies!

16. BiteInTheNite

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Tue Oct 30 2018 9:32:17
    #

Login to Send PM

There was a reality show about some exterminator I think on animal planet. It was an ok show but a show that focuses on bedbugs would be a lot better. Think of the emotional turmoil it puts people through, the anxiety, the desperation. The show could follow the experts around and add in the experience of the person who is infested (not just a one time visit but the person’s personal battle from start to finish) and you got a great show! Plus, the personalities of the pros on here would be perfect: very different but all interesting and humorous in different ways.

17. VeryScared2FindOut

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Oct 30 2018 14:38:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I guess I could see that...and perhaps something like that could help with some of the stigma that seems to be attached to the idea of bb.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,578 posts in 46,826 topics over 143 months by 20,660 of 21,557 members. Latest: Dread Bugs, gbbedbug, BuggedOUTinOH