Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Random bite every 3 months

(5 posts)
  1. tryingforcalm

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Apr 22 2018 16:03:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Question: is it possible to have bed bugs and only get bit every three mlnths?

Ugh. I feel so sad. I seem to log on every few months. 2 nights ago I got what I believe to be a bedbug bite. I am not new to them. It was on my lower back, 2 in a row. I swear I felt it when it happened. 2 days later, they behaved how all my bites have in the past (swell, itch, respond well to gold bond).

This seems to happen to me every few months. There is no other evidence I have found.

I just vacuumed inside my box spring, my carpet, sprinkled diomaceous earth, put pillows in dryer for hour, etc.

2. Bugsareicky

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Apr 22 2018 18:34:48
    #

Login to Send PM

No. If this has been ongoing for a long while and you're doing nothing to treat for bedbugs, You would have a MAJOR issue on your hands by now. They would be ABSOLUTELY everywhere and impossible to miss if you're looking for them. Also a single bug bites much more frequently than every 3 months. Is it possible though that you're being bitten somewhere else? (work, school, a friend or family member's home, ext.) Bites can take days to show, so really think where you've been the past couple days. Based on what you're describing, I don't think they are in your home (or haven't been all this time anyway) but I would be very cautious about bagging/washing your clothing/other items when you come into your home. I suspect somewhere you're going could possibly have them. I am not a professional, but someone who knows how bad things can get when left unchecked for only 2 months. After only that long you would be getting bites pretty much daily.

3. tryingforcalm

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Apr 22 2018 20:26:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the reassuring reply. Intellectually, what you say makes sense. I pray that you are right. It could be at work, I suppose, although I haven't heard others complain. I live in one of the worst cities for bedbugs so it could also be from pretty much anywhere. I am just trying to be conscious. I am going to keep paying attention. Thanks for keeping me off the ledge.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Apr 23 2018 8:39:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I would disagree, I don't think your issue is bed bugs at all.

5. tryingforcalm

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Apr 24 2018 7:48:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, again, for the reassurance! It is always the bites. Those two bites in a row that swell and last a solid week.

My mind is so trained to go to bedbugs, it is like I cannot fathom it could be anything else.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,736 posts in 50,027 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,358 members. Latest: weluckyfew201, questioning_bugger, Mikayah